The Department of Education (DepEd) issued DepEd Order No. 10, s. 2020 titled “Guidelines on the Grant of Cash Allowance to Teachers for SY 2020-2021” and the school years thereafter to augment the expenses spent by teachers in the actual performance of their teaching responsibilities.
GUIDELINES ON THE GRANT OF CASH ALLOWANCE TO TEACHERS
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Grant of Cash Allowance to Teachers for School Year (SY) 2020-2021 and the SYs thereafter pursuant to the Special Provision No. 10 of Republic Act No. 11645, the General Appropriations Act (GAA) for Fiscal Year 2020, titled An Act Appropriating Funds for the Operation of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines from January One to December Thirty-One, Two Thousand and Twenty and for Other Purposes.
- DepEd may issue supplemental guidelines to further implement this Order in the event of additional requirements set by national laws or policies, or as may be necessary.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon issuance.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Enclosure to DepEd Order No. 10, S. 2020)
GUIDELINES ON THE GRANT OF CASH ALLOWANCE TO TEACHERS
More from Teach Pinas:
● President Duterte: No opening of classes without COVID-19 vaccine
● Teachers can use the June cash allowance for internet data connectivity
● Bill allowing the start of classes beyond August, now for PRRD’s signature
1. In the constant effort to capacitate and empower the teachers, the Department of Education (DepEd) is continuously expanding their welfare and benefits through the grant of Cash Allowance to Teachers, formerly known as the Chalk Allowance. This allowance is intended to augment the expenses incurred/spent by teachers in the actual performance of their teaching responsibilities.
2. The actual amount of the allowance to be given shall be governed by the provision indicated in the approved general appropriations act (GAA) of the current year.
a. For Fiscal Year (FY) 2020, Special Provision No. 10 of the Republic Act (RA) No. 11645, the GAA for FY 2020, or An Act Appropriating Funds for the Operation of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines from January One to December Thirty-One, Two Thousand and Twenty, and for Other Purposes, stated that the Cash Allowance to Teachers shall be used for the payment of Three Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P3,500.00) per classroom teacher for every school year for the purchase of teaching supplies and materials.
b. For succeeding years, the amount shall depend on the approved allocation to be indicated in the GAA.
II. SCOPE OF THE POLICY
1. The Cash Allowance shall be granted to all permanent and provisional teachers, including Alternative Learning System (ALS) Mobile Teachers and District ALS Coordinators (DALSCs), in all public elementary, junior, and senior high schools, and community learning centers, who are in service1 in DepEd for the current school year, and assigned with at least one teaching load.
Teachers who are in service in DepEd as of the official first day of the school up to 30 calendar days after the start of the school year shall be entitled to the full amount of the Cash Allowance. Teachers whose assumption to duty is beyond 30 days after the official first day of school shall be entitled to the Cash Allowance on a pro-rata basis.
2. Public School Teachers are defined in RA No. 4670 or the Magna Carta for Public School Teachers, as All persons engaged in classroom teaching, in any level of instruction, on full-time basis, including guidance counselors, school librarians, industrial arts or vocational instructors, and all other persons performing supervisory and/or administrative functions in all schools, colleges, and universities operated by the government or its political subdivisions; but this shall not include school nurses, school physicians, school dentists, and other school employees.
1. Public School Teachers who fall under the following circumstances shall not be entitled to the grant of Cash Allowance:
a. Those with no teaching load and performing non-teaching functions, duties, and responsibilities within the current school year;
b. Those who are on absence without leave (AWOL), indefinite sick leave of absence, maternity leave, or study leave within the current school year;
c. Those who are found guilty of any offense in connection with their work and meted the penalty in the previous school year; and
d. Those who are no longer in service as of the official start of the current school year.
2. Teachers in items 1.a. and b. who resume duty and are assigned with at least one (1) teaching load within the current school year shall be entitled to the Cash Allowance on a pro-rata basis.
IV. GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
1. The Cash Allowance shall be given to entitled public school teachers not earlier than the official start of every school year2, as stipulated in the annual issuance on the official School Calendar, or as may be decided by the Secretary or his/her designated authority in cases of emergency situations.
2. The Secretary may delegate authority to the Execom-in-Charge of Finance in determining the payment schedule of the Cash Allowance.
3. Teachers who will assume duty beyond 30 calendar days after the official start of the school year shall be eligible for the Cash Allowance on a pro-rata basis.
4. The Execom-in-Charge of Finance shall release supplemental guidelines on the computation of pro-rated amount of Cash Allowance for eligible teachers.
5. The Cash Allowance shall cover the expenses of teachers for the purchase of teaching supplies and materials, tangible or intangible, for the implementation or conduct of various modes of learning delivery.
6. Said allowance shall be considered as an outright expense. Presentation or submission of bills and receipts shall not be required.
7. Regional lump-sum specific for the payment of the Cash Allowance shall be allocated in the Special Provisions of the GAA starting FY 2020 and the years thereafter.
8. Schools Division Offices (SDOs) shall submit the lists of eligible teachers to the respective Regional Offices (ROs) to facilitate the processing and payment of the Cash Allowance.
9. In cases wherein there will be a deficit in the allocated funds per SDO, the School Division Superintendent, through the RO, shall submit the request for additional funds to the DepEd Central Office (CO), through the Office of the Execom-in-Charge of Finance.
9. ROs shall submit the Reports on Payment of the Cash Allowance (RPCA) to the Finance Service (FS) – Budget Division, based on the reporting schedule set by the latter office.
11. FS – Budget Division shall consolidate the RPCA and furnish the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development-Personnel Division (BHROD-PD) for monitoring purposes.
V. MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- All offices and accountable officials and personnel thereof shall comply with existing financial reporting guidelines on the use of funds for this purpose.
2. Any related concerns of the offices not covered by the provisions of the policy shall be referred to the appropriate governance level.
3. The BHROD-PD, Finance Service-Budget and Accounting Divisions, Regional Administrative and Finance Division, and Finance Unit of SDOs shall monitor compliance and evaluate implementation of this DepEd Order.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with the provisions of this Order are hereby rescinded. The guidelines stated herein shall remain in effect, unless after repealed, amended, or rescinded.
2. This Order shall take effect immediately upon approval.
Download: DO No. 10, S. 2020
Guidelines on the Grant of Cash Allowance to Teachers for SY 2020-2021
Downloadable Resources for Teachers
|Most Essential Learning Competencies||Download|
|MELCs Based Budget of Works||Download|
|E-Class Record Templates||Download|
|Learning Activity Sheets Sample Templates||Download|
Educational Videos, Tutorials, and more
We are also inviting you to subscribe to our official YouTube channel (Teach Pinas). On that channel, we will be posting more Educational Videos, Tutorials, Tips, News and Updates, and many more. Please consider subscribing from this link: Teach Pinas Official YouTube Channel
Our team, the Teach Pinas Team, through this website, YT channel, and social media accounts has been providing free and accessible downloadable materials for teachers since then. We aim to continue helping all teachers in this county, so we also ask for your support. If you want to contribute, please don’t hesitate and send an e-mail to our address [email protected]
If you want to receive instant updates directly to your device, kindly subscribe to our pop-up notification by clicking the notification bell icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
More useful contents are coming soon, so keep visiting!
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...