The Department of Education (DepEd) issued DM 76, s. 2022 titled “Instructions on Teacher Hiring for SY 2022-2023.” This memorandum sets the instruction for the 2022-2023 hiring in the Teacher 1 position. The selection will still utilize the existing DepEd Hiring Guidelines. Read the full memorandum below:
Instructions on Teacher Hiring for SY 2022-2023
In preparation for the opening of classes for School Year (SY) 2022-2023, the schools division offices (SDOs) are expected to ensure that all DepEd schools will have an adequate teacher workforce.
In relation to this, the schools division superintendents (SDSs), as the appointing authority, shall appoint the right people for the right job at the right time, by strictly adhering to the principles of merit, fitness, competence, equal opportunity, transparency, and accountability. The recruitment, selection, and appointment (RSA) of new teachers shall be done judiciously and expeditiously. Thus, the SDOs shall observe the following:
Achieve 100% utilization rate in terms of filling-up of newly-created and existing teaching items by the end of August 2022 with the following considerations:
More from Teach Pinas:
● DepEd Enrollment Updates for SY 2020-2021
● Hazard pay for teachers and the 60-day loan moratorium
● Instructions on the Submission of IPCRF for SY 2021-2022
- Strict observance of the prescribed RSA processes and parameters in accordance with the existing hiring guidelines; and
- Coordination with the beneficiaries under special hiring arrangements by virtue of Republic Act (RA) Nos. 10612 and 7687 with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and Sa Pinas, Ikaw ang Ma’am/ Sir (SPIMS) Employment Program with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to inform them of the schedule of demonstration teaching, interview, and the documentary requirements needed to be submitted.
SDOs shall be guided by the anticipated effectivity of the provisions of Part V(E) of DepEd Order No. 019, s. 2022 or The Department of Education Merit Selection Plan anchored on the Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular (CSC MC) No. 014, s. 2018 otherwise known as the 2017 Omnibus Rules on Appointments and Other Human Resource Actions, Revised 2018.
Faithful to the Department’s commitment to merit-based hiring, teacher-applicants are advised that the selection and appointment of teachers in DepEd are strictly based on the criteria and parameters stipulated in the hiring guidelines. As a non-partisan organization, the Department may accept and acknowledge endorsements from any source/proponent; however, these endorsements shall not, in any way, be given extra points or credit in the selection process, nor shall guarantee priority in hiring. This is consistent with the equal opportunity principle that DepEd as an organization is committed to implementing in order to select the most qualified candidates based on their qualifications and competence.
Further, the appointing authorities, Human Resource Merit Promotion and Selection Board (HRMPSB), and Human Resource Management OIlicers (HRMOs) shall uphold the MSP principles, as follows:
- Put premium on merit, fitness, and competence of applicants to ensure that those who will be appointed have the necessary qualifications that match the competency requirements of the position to be filled in order to perform the duties and responsibilities efficiently and effectively;
- Remain accountable for the selection of employees in adherence to the basic principles stated herein, to explain, clarify, and justi$ human resource actions, disclose the results in a transparent manner and be responsible for
- At all times, ensure that all relevant, reliable, and timely information on recruitment, selection, and placement be available to the public; and
- Strictly observe non-discrimination activities, to allow any applicant within or outside DepEd to apply for a position, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity, civil status, disability, religion, ethnicity, or political beliefs.
In the establishment of the Registry of Qualified Applicants (RQA) for SY 2022-2023, and as part of the Interim Strategies and Protocols on Teacher Hiring for School Year (SY) 2022-2023 ln view of the State of Public Health Emergency and Issuance of DepEd Merit Selection Plan, the SDOs shall implement the following:
- i. In view of the one-year validity of the RQA, the SDOs shall establish a new RQA for SY 2022-2023. Based on the usual teaching hiring process, the SDOs are allowed to commence the call for applications and undertake the recruitment and selection process in advance to establish the RQA for SY 2o22-2o23 in anticipation of the timely appointment and deployment of teachers to newly created items this year.
- ii. To expedite the recruitment and selection process as well as to augment the number of applicants in light of the COVID-19 situation, the SDOs that have yet to exhaust the Sy 2O2l-2O22 RQA Eay consider the remaining qualified applicants to be included in the SY 2022-2023 RQA; provided that said applicants should have expressed their intent to apply in SY 2022-2023 by submitting the following:
- Letter of Intent in accordance with the SDO’sCaIl for Applications; and
- Updated credentials and application documents if any.
The points earned by the teacher applicants in the previous year’s RQA may be honored unless they have presented new documents to update their points.
For further queries and clarifications, please contact the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development-Human Resource Development Division, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at bhr[email protected] or at the telephone number (02) 8470-6630.
Download: DM 76, s. 2022 – Instructions on Teacher Hiring for School Year 2022-2023
Educational Videos, Tutorials, and more
We also invite you to subscribe to our official YouTube channel (Teach Pinas). On that channel, we will post more Educational Videos, Tutorials, Tips, News and Updates, and many more. Please consider subscribing from this link: Teach Pinas Official YouTube Channel
Our team, the Teach Pinas Team, through this website, YT channel, and social media accounts has been providing free and accessible downloadable materials for teachers since then. We aim to continue helping all teachers in this county, so we also ask for your support. If you want to contribute, please don’t hesitate and submit your content via our Contribute Page.
If you want to receive instant updates directly to your device, kindly subscribe to our pop-up notification by clicking the notification bell icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen. More useful content is coming soon, so keep visiting!
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...
I am just wondering about my ept points, in the memo it states that we could retain our point this year, am I required to retake my Ept? I took it two years ago. I am one of the rqa last year in our district. I want to reapply this year, what should I do? I hope someone could answer this.
Hello ma’am Camila,
EPT result has an expiration/validity. However, it will still depend on your division. Kindly ask them or wait for their memorandum regarding this matter. They might require all applicants in the RQA to submit a letter of intent to retain their points.