Civil Service Exam is one of the most taken examinations in the Philippines. Well, no doubt about it because if you pass this test, you will obtain eligibility that you can use when you apply for a job. CSE takers are doing their best for this exam despite being a hard one. Some of them are taking reviews from review centers while some are doing a self-review.
Civil Service Exam
The Civil Service Exam is a general ability test designed to measure an individual’s preparedness to enter government service. Passing the CSE would result in the conferment of either Professional or Subprofessional eligibility that is needed, among others, for permanent appointment to corresponding career service positions in the government except those that involve the practice of a profession or are covered by special laws.
Below are some updates about the Civil Service Exam such as the Schedule, Qualifications and Requirements, Scope/Coverage, Passing Rate, etc.:
More from Teach Pinas:
● BBM files bill increasing teachers’ salary from SG11 to SG15
● Lawmaker wants to postpone the classes until the COVID-19 vaccine is available
● PRC grants CPD units to frontliners providing essential services during pandemic
2020 CSE Schedule
- 1st Batch – March 15, 2020
- 2nd Batch – August 9, 2020
Civil Service Exam Qualifications and Requirements
Below are the qualifications and requirements needed for the Civil Service Exam application process.
- Filipino citizen
- At least 18 years old on the date of filing of application of exam
- Of a good moral character
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government
- Must not have taken the same level of CS Exam in less than three months (3 months Prohibition Period on taking the same level of the exam)
- Application Form – You can get one from CSC
- Application Fee of P500
- 4 copies of Identical ID photos with name tag (first name, middle initial and last name with signature over printed name)
- Original and photocopy of any valid ID
Knowing the coverage/scopes of the Civil Service Exam is essential, especially to those who are doing a self-review. This will serve as their guide in reviewing. Below is the list of the CSE Coverage for Professional and Sub-Professional level:
- General Information
- Philippine Constitution
- Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A. 6713)
- Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts, and
- Environment Management and Protection
- Numerical Ability
- Basic Operations
- Worded Problems
- Number Series and Sequence
- Analytical Ability (Professional Level Only)
- Word association (Single word and paired-analogy approach)
- Identifying assumptions and conclusion
- Data interpretation
- Verbal Ability
- Grammar and Correct Usage
- Paragraph Organization
- Reading comprehension
- Clerical Ability (Sub-Professional Level Only)
- Filing/Clerical Operations/Alphabetizing
CS Exam Passing Rate
The exam has two types: Professional and Sub-Professional Level. The Civil Service Commission administers both levels through Paper and Pencil Test. Passing rate for both are also the same (80%). However, the professional level is harder than the sub-professional level. The former is a 170-item test with an allotted time of 3 hours and 10 minutes while the latter is composed of 165-multiple choice questions and you have to finish it in 2 hours and 40 minutes.
We also compiled some CSE Reviewers for those who are doing a self-review. These CSE Reviewers are free and downloadable.
|CSE Reviewers Compilation||Download|
You will pass the CS Exam. Just do your best, and God will take care of the rest.
God bless you all!
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership to some contents posted here. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...