In this post, we will discuss the DepEd Learner Information System (LIS). Continue reading below to know more about the meaning of DepEd LIS, the history of the system, the data encoded, functions and etc. You may also download the DepEd LIS pdf user manual at the end of the post.
What is Learner Information System (LIS)?
The DepEd Learner Information System (LIS) is an online facility that provides for the registration of learners enrolled in schools run or licensed by the Department of Education (DepEd) in the Philippines. It is the national registry of all learners in Basic Education.
Quick History of the LIS
More from Teach Pinas:
● DepEd: Quality distance education for the upcoming school year
● DepEd and CHED ask Senate to help teachers in the private sector
● Sen. Sotto files bill to move the opening of classes to September
Take a look at the history of the Learner Information System (LIS).
|2011||DO 67 s. 2011||Buildup of Learner BD. ALl public schools called upon to submit master list of learners for SY 2011.|
|2012||DO 22 s. 2012||LRNs created for every public-school learner. Online database of learner from public school launched.|
|2013||DO 33 s. 2013||Online updating of learner via LIS|
|2014||DO 13 & 42 s. 2014||Full implementation of LIS|
|2015||DO25.2015||ALS and private schools|
|DO 48 s. 2015||Early registration for SHS|
|2016||DO 25 s. 2016||SHS enrollment in all public schools|
|DO 34 s. 2015||SHS enrollment in private schools|
Data in the LIS
The following are the data present in the Learner Information System:
- Basic personal data of the learner
- Enrollment history (formal and non-formal)
- Classes and class advisers (for formal)
- Learning facilitators (for ALS and Abot-Alam)
- Grades and evaluation results;
- Indication of benefits (4Ps, CCT, ESC, QVR)
- Health and nutritional status
Who’s In Charge?
- Owned by the Department of Education
- Process Owner: EMISD-PS
- Development: ICTS-SDD
- Support & Training: ICTS-USD
- The following must register and update their learners’ profile in the LIS (DO 22 s. 2012, DO 16 s. 2015, and DO 52 s. 2016)
- All public and private elementary and secondary schools
- State universities and colleges (SUC), local universities and colleges (LUC), and higher education institutions (HEI) offering elementary and secondary schools
- All programs under the Alternative Learning System (ALS, including Abot-Alam, whether DepEd-Delivered, -procured, or – partnered)
LIS Functional Design
- Registry of all learners in the Philippines
- Enrollment Data
- Class Management
- Transfers/movement of Learners
- Learner Promotion/Graduation
- Alternative Learning System
DepEd Learner Information System (LIS) Users Manual v1.2
The Department of Education (DepEd) provided a Users Manual for the utilization of the LIS. This was uploaded as a PDF and it contains all the steps and instructions on how to use the Learner Information System (LIS). You may download the manual at the end of this post. Below is the list of topics included in the said manual:
- LIS Dashboard – This is the introductory part of the LIS manual.
- Logging in and out of the LIS – Simple steps on how to access the LIS
- Account Check – This is also known as the “Update Password” page wherein there is a mandatory prompt for you to change your password if it is your first time logging in using the default school user account.
- LIS Dashboard – Here, you will see the dashboard that contains: Masterlist, List of Classes, and School Forms
- List of Classes – This will show you the list of classes for each grade/year level including the total number of learners enrolled.
- Create New Class/Section – The steps on how to add or create a new class/section can be found here.
- Enrolment of Learner – This is the page where you can enrol a specific learner.
- There is also instruction on how you can enrol a learner from the previous school year
- You can also enrol more than one learner through “Batch enrolment”
- You will also find the steps on how you can enrol a new learner or transferee from another school
- There is also a figure explaining the Enrolment of “accelerated” learners or PEPT
- Steps on how to un-enrol or remove a learner from the class were also explained in the manual
- Updating Enrolment Status of Learners (EOSY Updating) – Here you can find the following:
- Updating Enrolment Status by Class
- Class Finalization of EOSY Updates
- School FInalization of EOSY Updates
- Reversion of Finalized EOSY Updates
- Masterlist of Learners – This page displays the list of learners by school year, grade and section. This component also provides the facility to search for a learner, register a learner and enrol a learner individually or by class through the batch enrolment facility.
- School Forms – This facility enables the generation of reports which includes the following:
- Form 1 – School Register
- Form 4 – Monthly Report on Learner Movement & Attendance
- Form 5 – Report on Promotion and Level of Proficiency
|DepEd Learner Information System (LIS) Users Manual PDF||Download|
Educational Videos, Tutorials, and more
We are also inviting you to subscribe to our official YouTube channel (Teach Pinas). On that channel, we will be posting more Educational Videos, Tutorials, Tips, News and Updates, and many more. Please consider subscribing from this link: Teach Pinas Official YouTube Channel
Our team, the Teach Pinas Team, through this website, YT channel, and social media accounts has been providing free and accessible downloadable materials for teachers since then. We aim to continue helping all teachers in this county, so we also ask for your support. If you want to contribute, please don’t hesitate and submit your content via our Contribute Page.
If you want to receive instant updates directly to your device, kindly subscribe to our pop-up notification by clicking the notification bell icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen. More useful content is coming soon, so keep visiting!
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...