The Department of Education (DepEd) released the Brigada Eskwela and Oplan Balik Eskwela Implementing Guidelines 2020. This was issued as DepEd Memorandum No. 53, S. 2020.
This year’s Brigada Eskwela and Oplan Balik Eskwela will be jointly undertaken from June 1 to August 29, 2020, with the theme “Bayanihan sa Paaralan,” highlighting the convergence of efforts and knowledge to address the required health standards and social issues at home, in school, and in the community in the context of COVID-19.
Read the full implementing guidelines from DepEd, DOH, and the IATF provided in DepEd Memorandum No. 53, s. 2020:
JOINT IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES ON THE 2020 BRIGADA ESKWELA AND OPLAN BALIK ESKWELA RELATIVE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION
(Amending Thereby DepEd Memorandum No. 032, s. 2020 titled 2020 Brigada Eskwela Program Implementing Guidelines, and DepEd Memorandum No. 014, s. 2020 titled 2020Oplan Balik Eskwela)
1. Relative to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak, the Office of the President has issued Presidential Proclamation No. 922, s. 2020 declaring a state of public health emergency throughout the Philippines. In response to the public health emergency, and guided by the issuances on the management of COVID-19 by the Office of the President, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases in the Philippines (IATF-EID), and the Department of Health (DOH), the Department of Education (DepEd) developed a Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan (BE-LCP) for the guidance of all DepEd units. Titled Learning Opportunities Shall be Available: The Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan in the Time of COVID-19, the BE-LCP lays down the direction for basic education in the coming school year, and shall be operationalized on a rolling basis through implementing issuances, programs, and activities at all governance levels of DepEd.
2. As articulated in the BE-LCP, Brigada Eskwela (BE), and Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE), the annual activities of DepEd to prepare for the school opening shall be reconfigured to fully assist the preparation of stakeholders for the coming school year. Brigada Eskwela and Oplan Balik Eskwela will be undertaken from June 1, 2020toAugust 29, 2020.
3. Pursuant to this and in consideration of the relevant regulations for the management of COVID-19, DepEd issues this Joint Implementing Guidelines on the 2020 Brigada Eskwela and Oplan Balik Eskwela Relative to the COVID-19 Situation (copy enclosed) which amends relevant provisions of DepEd Memorandum (DM) No. 032, s. 2020 titled 2020 Brigada Eskwela Program Implementing Guidelines, and DM No. 014, s. 2020 titled 2020 Oplan Balik Eskwela.
4. The approved theme for the 2020 Brigada Eskwela as provided under DM No. 032, s. 2020, Pagpapanatili ng Bayanihan Tungo sa Kalidad na Edukasyon para sa Kabataan, shall now be the theme for the joint implementation of the 2020 Brigada Eskwela and Oplan Balik Eskwela. The slogan for this year’s conduct of BE and OBE shall be, Bayanihan sa Paaralan. With the aim of promoting sustainable and safe living, the slogan highlights the application of knowledge and convergence of efforts to address the required health standards and social issues at home, in school, and in the community in the context of COVID-19.
5. The required health standards involves following social distancing measures and practicing proper hygiene consistent with the IATF health protocols, DOH health standards, local and national quarantine rules, and all other relevant protocols as detailed in DepEd and DepEd Task Force COVID-19 issuances. To date, the latest applicable national guidelines are contained in DOH Administrative Order No. 2020- 0015 dated April 27, 2020, providing for the Risk-Based Public Health Standards for COVID-19 Mitigation, and the Amended Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines, as approved by the IATF at its 39th Meeting held on May 22, 2020. Copies of the Guidelines are attached as Annex A and B, respectively.
6. The implementation of BE and OBE includes the engagement of stakeholders and addressing problems, queries, and other concerns in preparation for the start of classes. The specific amendments and implementation adjustments and plan of action of Brigada Eskwela and Oplan Balik Eskwela are provided in Enclosure No. 1 in Items A and B, respectively.
7. The traditional concept of Brigada Eskwela, which involves physical cleaning, painting, repainting, and doing minor repairs will no longer happen in May. Unless otherwise provided by another DepEd issuance, it may still be done during the two weeks before the opening of classes in public schools on August 24, 2020, depending on the prevailing local risk classification and community quarantine guidelines. If allowed, schools shall strictly comply with protocols on social distancing and implement precautionary measures consistent with the IATF health protocols, DOH protection protocols, local quarantine rules and all other relevant protocols provided in DepEd and DepEd Task Force COVID-19 issuances.
8. The new concept of Brigada Eskwela shall focus on preparations and strengthening partnership engagement to ensure that learning continues even in the time of COVID-19. The activities shall highlight partnership initiatives that complement the Department’s efforts to ensure that quality basic education will continue despite the challenges posed by COVID-19, and to implement the BE-LCP. Details of the mandated partnership activities and stakeholders engagement are provided in Enclosure No. 2.
9. Under Oplan Balik Eskwela, DepEd shall set up the Public Assistance Command Center (PACC) at the Central Office, with its counterparts at the regional and schools division offices through its Public Affairs Unit (PAU). Oplan Balik Eskwela shall continue to address frequently asked questions by parents and learners in relation to enrollment, attendance, and other relevant DepEd policies, rules, and regulations on class opening.
10. In partnership with Brigada Eskwela, Oplan Balik Eskwela shall focus on an information campaign on the implementation of the LCP. The National Brigada Eskwela and Oplan Balik Eskwela Media/Online Kick-Off Program, which shall be hosted by DepEd Region VI, shall be held on June 1, 2020. The details of the Kick- Off Program shall be the subject of a separate DepEd issuance.
11. All other provisions stated in DM No. 032, s. 2020 and DM No. 014, s. 2020 shall remain in full force and effect, unless otherwise amended or rescinded.
12. For more information, please contact the following:
External Partnerships Service Ground Floor, Mabini Bldg.,
Department of Education Central Office DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 8638-8637, (02) 8638-8639
Email Address: [email protected]
Oplan Balik Eskwela
Office of the Secretary-Public Affairs Service Department of Education Central Office DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 8636-1663, (02) 8633-1942
Email Address: [email protected]
12. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Read more about: DepEd Memorandum No. 53, S. 2020
Read more: DepEd News
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership to some contents posted here. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...