We can’t deny the fact that the so-called “Localization Law” is somewhat not being implemented to its full extent. For some reason, many teachers were still assigned outside their locality. Unfortunately for some, they were deployed to far-flung areas, especially the newly hired ones. Are you one of them? and for whatever reason you may have, do you wish to transfer to the nearest school in your residence? Who is the priority for the transfer of teachers? Can teachers be transferred without consent? When can a newly hired teacher be transferred? How to request for transfer? What are the requirements? Read the DepEd Guidelines on the Transfer of Teachers from One Station to Another (DO 22, S. 2013).
Revised DepEd Guidelines on the Transfer of Teachers from One Station to Another (DO 22, S. 2013)
The Basic Education Information System (BEIS) Teacher Deployment Analysis for the previous school years consistently reveals imbalances in the deployment of public school teachers. There are still a big number of “cool colored” schools, with pupil/student-teacher ratio of less than 40:1, while at the same time, there remains many “red” and “black” schools. As such, it is imperative to effect transfers of teachers from one station to another in order for the Department of Education (DepEd) to ensure the equity of teacher deployment.
In view of the foregoing circumstances, this Department hereby amends DepEd Order No. 21, s. 2005 and issues these Revised Guidelines on the Transfer of Teachers from One Station to Another.
More from Teach Pinas:
● DepEd eyes to transfer the feeding program to LGUs
● Computation of Public School Teachers’ Proportional Vacation Pay for SY 2019-2020
● DepEd LIS: Learner Information System (FAQ)
Teacher’s Consent for Transfer
While efforts shall be exhausted to secure the consent of a teacher to be transferred, there are certain conditions which can validly be considered as “in the exigency of the service” and transfers may be made even without the consent of the teacher. These include the following:
- When the pupil/student-teacher ratio of the school is below 35:1 for elementary and 27:1 for secondary level, except when the school is implementing multigrade classes;
- When there is a considerable decrease in enrolment in certain schools arising from evacuation due to armed conflict, national disasters, resettlement of families, closure of large private firms in the area, and other similar circumstances; or
- When the teacher is declared excess by the principal/school head (SH) and his/her expertise/area of specialization is needed in another school/district/division.
As such, in the event that teachers are transferred in the exigency of the service, the following may serve as a guide in the decision on whom to transfer:
- Teachers who were last to be hired (Last in, First out);
- Non-residents of the barangay or municipality where the school is located;
- Residents of the barangay or municipality of the proposed recipient school; or
- Secondary school teachers teaching subjects other than their areas of specialization.
Should teachers identified in Paragraph Nos. 3 and 4 desire not to transfer, they shall be given additional assignments such as remedial and summer classes, work related to Alternative Delivery Modes (ADMs), tasks concerning Alternative Learning Systems (ALS), and other assignments that their respective SHs may deem proper.
Priority for Transfer
On the other hand, the following situations should be given priority when teachers are seeking transfer to another station which is in need of additional teachers:
- When the teacher is declared excess by the SH and/or his/her expertise/area of specialization is needed in another school / district / division;
- The teacher has served for more than five years outside his/her home barangay/municipality;
- The teacher is a bonafide resident of the barangay, municipality, city, or province where the school is located (RA No. 8190, Localization Law), as evidenced by the teacher’s Voter’s ID;
- The teacher is joining his/her husband/wife in the same school (RA No. 4670);
- She is a nursing mother (PD No. 603, Child and Youth Welfare Code);
- The teacher’s life is in danger due to armed conflict, hostilities, or other similar circumstances in the area where the school is located; or
- He/She is in poor health condition, as evidenced by pertinent medical records to that effect.
The Division Planning Unit shall ensure that the transfer of teachers in their respective divisions are properly recorded and processed in the EBEIS, and its effect on pupil/student-teacher ratio is analyzed.
Anyone found guilty of violating any of the provisions of these guidelines or any part hereof shall be charged administratively pursuant to Republic Act (RA) No. 6713 otherwise known as the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees and other relevant laws, rules, and regulations.
These guidelines shall be construed consistent with the Administrative Code of 1987 and with RA No. 4670, otherwise known as the Magna Carta for Public School Teachers.
Transfer of Newly-Hired Teachers
When can a newly hired teacher be transferred from one school to another?
Section 4.2 under Basic Rules on Hiring and Deployment of Teacher Positions of DO 7, S. 2015 states that: “Upon a teacher’s appointment, assignment to a station, and acceptance of the position, he or she shall not be transferred to another school until after rendering at least three (3) years of service in that school.”
Request for transfer of teachers
Teachers who wish to transfer may file a request for transfer. This should be filed and submitted to the record section of the Division Office. Proper coordination with the school head is needed.
Transfer Request Requirements
The qualified transferee shall prepare the following requirements:
- 1st endorsement of the School Head
- Signed request letter of the applicant
- Service Record
- Latest available IPCRF
You may want these: Downloadable Forms | Classroom Decoration
The list of requirements above may vary. Kindly ask for assistance from your school head or the district/division office.
Educational Videos, Tutorials, and more
We also invite you to subscribe to our official YouTube channel (Teach Pinas). On that channel, we will post more Educational Videos, Tutorials, Tips, News and Updates, and many more. Please consider subscribing from this link: Teach Pinas Official YouTube Channel
Our team, the Teach Pinas Team, through this website, YT channel, and social media accounts has been providing free and accessible downloadable materials for teachers since then. We aim to continue helping all teachers in this county, so we also ask for your support. If you want to contribute, please don’t hesitate and submit your content via our Contribute Page.
If you want to receive instant updates directly to your device, kindly subscribe to our pop-up notification by clicking the notification bell icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen. More useful content is coming soon, so keep visiting!
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...
Good day po. Ask sana po ako if qualified parin ba kahit hindi latest ang IPCRF ko po. Di po kasi ako nakaprocess gawa ng nagkasakit po ako noon.
Magandang araw po. Ako po ay isang guro at MT 2 ng mahigit nang 20 taon sa dibisyon ng Pasay. Nais ko na pong magpa transfer dito sa amin sa Lipa, Batangas. Pinayagan po ako ng aking SH subali’t sinabihang hindi madadala ang aking item. Ano po ang gagawin ko upang madala ito sa paaralang makakapagturo ako ng maayos at mahusay dahil malapit sa aking tahanan at pamilya? Sana ay matulungan ninyo ako. Maraming salamat po.
Naku ma’am sa toToo lng pag Wala Kang backer mahirapan ka… Yan Ang ToToo palakasan Yan
Hello po, may new guidelines po ba sa gustong magtransfer sa probinsiya at madadala ang item? Salamat po.