The Department of Education (DepEd) issued the Memorandum No. 45, S. 2020 which contains the RPMS Guidelines for SY 2019-2020 Yearend Activities. Read the full memorandum below:
RESULTS-BASED PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2019-2020 YEAREND ACTIVITIES IN LIGHT OF COVID-19 MEASURES
Minister, Basic, Higher and Technical Education, BARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
More from Teach Pinas:
● DepEd to continue precautionary measures on the opening of classes
● Over 1,000 schools considered for face-to-face class dry run
● DepEd Digital Rise: Gadgets with E-Learning Resources for Teachers and Learners
- As mandated by DepEd Order No. 2, s. 2015 titled Guidelines on the Establishment and Implementation of the Results-based Performance Management System in the Department of Education, the Department is scheduled to conduct Phase III: Performance Review and Evaluation and Phase IV: Performance Rewarding and Development Planning of the Results-based Performance Management System (RPMS) Cycle, School Year (SY) 2019−2020 for school-based personnel in April 2020. These phases include yearend review and assessment, evaluation of portfolio and computation of final rating, ways forward and development planning.
- However, suspension of classes and all school activities at all levels in entire
Luzon was declared until April 14, 2020 as part of the enhanced community quarantine and stringent social distancing measures for the management of COVID-19 situation. Such enhanced community quarantine is extended until April 30, 2020.
- As stated in Paragraph 35 of DepEd Order No. 2, s. 2015: “…In exceptional cases, and only if the situation warrants, a one-time recalibration shall be allowed. Exceptional cases shall include instances when high level decisions are taken into effect such as changes in strategic directions, and circumstances beyond the control of the ratee such as natural and/or man-made calamities, including typhoon, earthquake and other fortuitous events.”
- Given the above considerations, DepEd emphasizes specific RPMS-related
measures for school-based personnel. Please see Enclosure Nos. 1 and 2 for details.
- It is also emphasized that the preparation and organization of the RPMS Portfolio shall have started during the start of the SY, and only a sample of each Means of Verification (MOV), excluding those MOVs with the specified required number of pieces, is expected to be submitted. All RPMS-Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST) Materials, including tools, forms, and other support materials, for SY 2019-2020 are downloadable from this link: RPMS Materials. Also, the prescribed Individual Performance and Commitment Review Form (IPCRF) for teachers are downloadable from this link: IPCRF.
- Due to the COVID-19 situation, the Yearend Review shall be postponed
temporarily and shall resume when authorities issue a declaration of safety for
all DepEd employees. The adjusted schedule of RPMS Portfolio submission and
evaluation, data collection and consolidation of IPCR rating will be released through a separate memorandum.
- For more information, please contact the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development-Human Resource Development Division (BHROD-
HRDD), 4th Floor Mabini Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email addresses
[email protected] and [email protected] or at telephone number (02) 8470-6630.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
DepEd Order (No. 2, s. 2015)
DepEd Memorandum No. 43, s. 2020
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
Read more: DepEd News
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership to some contents posted here. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...