Guidelines on the New DepEd National Uniform for Teaching and Non-Teaching Personnel – The Department of Education announces the adoption of the four new sets of DepEd national uniform designs for teaching and two new national uniform designs for non-teaching personnel starting the transition period of the School Year (SY) 2021-2022.
SY 2021-2022 shall be considered a “transition period” to allow ample time for employees to prepare and purchase new set of prescribed uniforms. To facilitate the transition period, employees can still wear their old uniforms this coming SY 2021-2022. But starting SY 2022-2023, all teaching and non-teaching personnel shall wear the prescribed new set of uniforms.
The annual clothing and uniform allowance shall be released to all eligible personnel not earlier than the first working day of April of the current year, subject to existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations, and upon the release of the Notice of Cash Allocation from DBM.
For more information, read DepEd Memorandum No. 16, s. 2021
Sketches/designs of DepEd uniforms starting SY 2021-2022 (transition year) and SY 2022-2023 (strict implementation) based on DepEd Memo 016, s2021:
Reminders: (From: Usec. Annalyn Sevilla)
1. Design A to D are for teaching personnel while Designs E and F are for non-teaching personnel.
2. There is 6k clothing/uniform allowance (CUA) this year, and there will be another 6k (or higher if approved budget will be increased by law) in the succeeding years. The purpose of that allowance is really for employees to have comfortable, modest and decent clothing for work as government employees…. every year.
3. You may strategize on how to efficiently use your annual clothing allowance. Invest in good textile and find out where you can have more negotiable terms but don’t sacrifice quality and durability of the finished products (uniforms). If you have long-lasting uniforms, you may save and keep the CUA of the succeeding years.
4. Deped central office has communicated with all regional directors thru the mancom meeting today. And as authorized by the deped uniform committee (11 members of which represents deped employee unions, orgs and associations), we will provide the official “swatches” down to SDO level; and video recording of the actual prototype finished products of all uniform sets to guide all employees (and suppliers) on the standard approved designs and specs.
5. The prototype of all designs will be showcased in the deped CO very soon, to display also sets for different body types (not just usual mannequin size) so you can see the actual “arrive” of the uniforms. Virtual showcase (recorded video) of the uniforms will give enough access and reference for all employees so they are guided to the real specs of the standard and official uniforms.
6. The new designs are effective starting SY 21-22 until the next SY22-23. The next administration and officials handling DUC may decide to keep these designs until they so desire. We may also choose among these existing designs ONE or TWO which majority likes and the ONE that will represent depEd teachers. It is a decision/policy that is feasible and can be done ASAP. But we need to test and weigh the pulse of the employees, send feedback to CO on which design can be chosen as the ONE official and permanent design for teachers so we can also be like the policemen with one standard uniform for all. For now, let’s wait and see muna.
7. Last but not the least, release of 6k clothing allowance shall start April 5, 2021. All finance officers were reminded to prepare and process this so our eligible employees can receive this not earlier than the first working day of April (every year).
Thanks to Sec Liling for approving all the recommendations (in terms of policy, design, hirits) of the DepEd Uniform Committee. Thanks to all members of DUC for its active engagement, support and cooperation. Thanks DUC secretariat for all your effort and hardwork.
Read more: DepEd News
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...