DepEd to release cash allowance for teachers this month. Public school teachers nationwide will receive P3,500 cash allowance this month to be used for “any teaching-related expenses” for the School Year (SY) 2020-2021, said the Department of Education (DepEd) on Monday, June 1.
DepEd Undersecretary for Finance Annalyn Sevilla, in an online press conference, said that the agency will release the one-time cash allowance amounting to P3,500 per teacher in the second week of June.
According to Usec. Sevilla, the cash allowance can be used by the teachers for any teaching-related expenses for the entire school year. “It will be up to them on how they’re going to spend it,” she said. “We will not ask for accounting or receipt [and] it will be given to them as cash,” she added.
More from Teach Pinas:
● DepEd to implement adjustments in the basic education curriculum
● DepEd asks for open-mindedness as the education shift to the “New Normal”
● K-12 Self-Learning Modules: 2nd Quarter All Subjects
The Cash Allowance, formerly known as Chalk Allowance, is usually given to public teachers before the school opening of every year. Sevilla said that for this year, DepEd will issue guidelines where a provision specifically citing that the needs of teachers as they prepare for the implementation of the Learning Continuity Plan (LCP) will be covered by the cash allowance.
Teachers can also use this cash allowance for their internet data connectivity. Read more
There is also a memorandum issued regarding this matter.
1. The P3,500 cash allowance shall be released in June 2020;
2. The Department of Education (DepEd) Regional Offices (ROs) must ensure that the allotment shall be released to Schools Division Offices (SDOs) on or before May 15, 2020;
3. It is expected that DepEd ROs and SDOs shall have the cash allocation ready for the payment of the cash allowance and that such is included in the 2nd Quarter Notice of Cash Allocation and Monthly Disbursement Plan by coordinating with its respective Department of Budget and Management TOs; and
4. The DepEd Central Office shall also release separate policy guidelines on the grant of the Cash Allowance to Teachers to include teaching supplies and materials related to the preparations to the shift to the Learning Continuity Plan, as among the allowable uses of the cash allowance for the teachers.
Please be guided accordingly.
Read more: DepEd News
If you are looking for downloadable materials, kindly follow this link: Downloadable Materials
We will be posting more updates, so be sure to keep visiting our website or follow us in our social media account.
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership to some contents posted here. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...