Teachers are not required to report on Saturdays and Sundays – The Department of Education (DepEd) reiterates the implementation of Paragraph 12 of DepEd Order No. 7, s. 2020 or the School Calendar and Activities for School Year 2020-2021 which states that teachers will not be required to report for work and engage in teaching activities on Saturdays and Sundays.
REITERATION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PARAGRAPH 12 OF DO NO. 7, S., 2020 ENTITLED SCHOOL CALENDAR AND ACTIVITIES FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) previously issued DepEd Order No. 7, 2020 and DepEd Order No. 30 s, 2020 titled School Calendar and Activities for School Year 2020-2021 and Amendment to DepEd Order No. 007 s. 2020.
More from Teach Pinas:
● Schedules of Free Webinars with Digital Certificates
● Apat na guro minolestiya sa isang paaralan sa Camarines Sur
● Implementation of Mandatory Grace Period for Loan Payments During the Community Quarantine Period
2. In light of the current situation brought by the COVID-19 pandemic, paragraph 12 of DepEd Order No. 007, 5, 2020 has not been rescinded in DepEd Order No. 30, 5. 2020 which states that:
“Because of the compressed school year, the Secretary is authorizing the holding of Saturday classes through the conduct of distance learning activities to be undertaken by learners, pursuant to Republic Act No. 7797.
eligious considerations prohibit these Saturday activities, they shall be undertaken on Sundays. However, teachers will not be required to report for work and engage in teaching activities on Saturdays and Sundays
3. For more information, please contact the Office of the Director IV, Bureau of Learning Delivery, Department of Education Central Office through email address bidadadeped.gov.ph at telephone numbers (02) 8637-4346 and 8637-4347.
4. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired
Read: DepEd Order No. 7, Series of 2020
Source: DepEd Philippines
Read more: DepEd Memorandum
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...