- Download 16116
- File Size 161kb
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 14 2020
- Last Updated October 20 2023
LET Reviewer: Social Science Part 8
Social Science Part 8
1. Among industrialized countries which is the biggest remitter of CO2 (by 31%) that cause global warming of the globe?
a. United States
2. Providing long-term food aid to poor countries, e.g. Ethiopia disadvantageous due to the negative effect of _______.
3. Created in 2008 was a new legal framework for Southeast Asian nations known as the ASEAN_______
More from Teach Pinas:
● RPMS-PPST Downloadable Materials for SY 2022-2023 (Multi-Year)
● Guidelines for Assessment and Grading in Light of the BE-LCP
● Guidelines on Enrollment for SY 2022-2023
● Gatchalian: Raise entry-level teachers’ salaries to P30,000
4. Among early Greek philosophers _________ introduced empirical knowledge by used of observation to explain universal truths.
5. What method of thinking-and-learning draws from the general qualities of being different?
d. Problem solving
6. In which situation do we insist on belonging to a group thus resisting the risk of being different?
7. What aspect of inquiry is NOT related to ethical conduct in research?
a. Security of participants
b. Respect of confidentiality
c. Voluntary participation by respondents
d. Limitation in research scope
8. The systematic explanation of observed phenomena drawn from social manifestation or patterns in social life is _________.
9. Scientific inquiries conducted on social change over a period of time are ____________.
a. trend studies
b. cohort studies
c. panel studies
d. ease studies
10. The two essential dimensions in teaching Social Science are __________ and ____________.
a. observing and inferring
b. seeing and listening
c. searching and imparting
d. knowing and thinking
11. Concentration in thinking which leads to a constant, unbroken line of thought is ___________.
12. A comprehensive list of important or relevant action to be completed in a specified order is a ___________.
13. The type of evaluation which examines outcome and comes up with a synthesis that determines the overall impact and relative costs of an activity or program is ___________.
a. normative evaluation
b. summative evaluation
c. formative evaluation
d. causative evaluation
14. What method of thinking-and-learning draws the general qualities of a person from particular traits?
a. Problem solving
15. To which group do we belong if we don't accept the truth because we insist on belonging to a group or resist the risk if being different?
a. Change agents
16. What is NOT related to ethical conduct in research?
a. Respect for confidentiality
b. Limitation in research scope
c. Voluntary participation be respondents
d. Security of participants
17. What is the systematic explanation of observations on social manifestation patterns of social life?
18. What are the studies conducted on social change over a period of time?
a. Trend studies
b. Cohort studies
c. Panel studies
d. Case studies
19. Which is a tentative answer to a research problem?
a. Theoretical Framework
20. In which part of the research do you find the answers to the research problems?
d. Theoretical Framework
21. What is comprehensive list of important or relevant actions to be complete in a specified order so that no step is forgotten?
a. Report Card
22. What type of evaluation examines the effects or outcomes of some object they summarize it by describing what happens subsequent to delivery of program or technology; assessing whether the object can be said to have cause the outcome; determining the overall impact of the casual factor beyond only the immediate target outcomes; and, estimating the relative costs association with the object?
a. Summative Evaluation
b. Normative Evaluation
c. Formative Evaluation
d. Complicated Evaluation
23. Deliberate deception by way of ____________ fallacy is used by advertiser who make claim to unfounded consumption by thousands or millions of a product.
b. big lie
c. circular thinking
d. begging the question
24. Generalizing extreme perception about people places and ideas, e.g. white people are biased about colored people is untruth of fallacy by ________.
25. Freedom of thought is opposed to _________.
26. Asserting a more certain avenue to the same truth is ___________ .
27. The basic human activity in research is _________.
28. What research is done in a laboratory?
29. Science requires ___________ in order to differentiate it from philosophy.
b. logical thinking
c. empirical evidence
30. The use of __________ is useful in reducing inaccuracies in scientific research.
a. measured devices
c. logical reasoning
31. Inclusive teaching approaches enable ___________ learners in the class to take part in learning opportunities.
32. The development of 21st century teaching and learning skills is a contemporary trend. What elements are interconnected in the process of teaching and learning?
a. Education for all and literacy
b. Professional development
c. High budgetary appropriations
d. Student outcomes and support systems
33. Which are essential in preparing the learners for the future?
I. Independent thinking
II. Creativity and innovation
III. Critical thinking
IV. Communication and collaboration
a. II & III
b. I, II & IV
c. I & II
d. I, II, III & IV
34. The Duterte administration advances ____________ in order to strengthen regional autonomy and local governance.
c. anti-drug campaign
d. anti-corruption drive
35. Various facets of partnership of regional development was adopted by ASEAN, EXCEPT that which is ____________.
36. EXCEPT for the ___________ aim, these comprise the pillars of ASEAN community integration by 2015.
b. political security
37. What system contributed to greater efficiency and success of recent national elections?
a. Pastoral Council for Free elections
d. Multi-party system
38. Among ASEAN nations, which has a political system closest to that of the U.S.?
39. What type of research can better ensure relevance in planning development of communities?
b. Needs Analysis
d. Case study
40. What economic policy in China propelled it to becoming the second industrialized nation in the world today?
a. Welfare socialism
c. Socialist capitalism
d. Maoist communal ownership
41. EXCEPT for the ___________ factor, these are the facets of "inclusivity" identified for eradicating extreme poverty in the Philippines.
42. For spatial inclusivity, the__________ program can limit the population to widen habitation space for people.
a. planned parenthood
d. free condoms
43. In terms of funding resources what can the federal system contribute to eliminate extreme poverty?
44. The 1987 Constitution protects the unborn and prohibits _________.
a. use of contraceptives
b. medical abortion
c. induced abortion
d. voluntary sterilization
45. A broadly encompassing change in ___________ is involved by combating climate change through lesser use of electricity, air-conditioning, garbage burning.
46. China's aggressive global commerce has created _________ tension in trade and commerce especially for the incoming Trump U.S. administration.
47. From a global threat arises from suspicion rather than concrete evidence?
a. U.S. democratic advocacy
b. South Korean security
c. world peace
d. South China Sea commercial zone
48. Which incidence of global threat arises from suspicion rather than concrete evidence?
a. Iran's nuclear arms
b. North Korea's militarization
c. ISIS' terrorism
d. Hamas rockets upon Israel
49. What is the religious divide within Islam that causes a conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran?
a. Iran against Hamas
b. Saudi Arabia against Al Queda
c. Hamas against ISIS
d. Shiites against Sunnis
50. What methodology is used for research on political and social issues by pollsters, such as SWS and Pulse Asia?
a. Field research
c. Case study
51. What initiative can make the Philippine government system closer to the federal system of the U.S.?
a. Charter Change
b. People's Initiative
d. Election Recall
52. What is the basis in the 1987 Constitution for prohibiting the teaching of Religion in public schools?
a. Focus on Basic Education subjects
b. Values Education in the basic education curriculum
c. Freedom of religious conscience
d. Separation of church and state
53. An approach that is __________ is the needed response to extreme poverty in the world.
54. Which does NOT comprise a real security alliance?
a. U.S. Philippines joint military training
b. U.S. Japan security agreement
c. U.S.-APEC cooperation
d. U.S. Russia common objective against ISIS
55. What is the hidden conflict in the war in Syria?
a. Syrian ruler Assad against Syrian rebels
b. U.S. against Russia
c. Syria against ISIS
d. Syria against UN
56. The setting up of ______ is a key issue facing Israel and Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.
a. anti-rocket missile
b. border wall
c. population growth of Palestinians
d. state of Palestine
57. Federalism in the Philippines can grant ________ to the regions.
d. fiscal independence
58. What factors/conditions would result t inclusive development in the Philippines?
a. Foreign aid and loans
b. Foreign direct investments for job creation
c. Increased number of OFW's
d. Increased local number and foreign scholarships
59. All, Most, Some is a curriculum planning model conceived by Schumm, Vaugh and Leavell (1994). Why is it an inclusive model?
a. It is designed to cater to all learners in a class.
b. It is designed to cater for learners with disabilities.
c. It is designed to cater for gifted learners.
d. It is designed to cater for the hearing impaired.
60. Facets of _________ personality of a people may explain the paradox that the Philippines is rated by Transparency International as one of the most corrupt in Asia, and yet 80% of its population profess the Catholic religion.
61. What major change creates a trend?
62. Among social trends, which is very difficult to psychologically overcome?
63. Among social trends, which easily passes, e.g. fashion?
64. Change becomes an issue when it creates a ___________.
65. In 1952 the organization of the ___________ marked a milestone in the development of Philippine sociology.
a. Philippine Social Science Council
b. Philippine Sociological Society
c. Research Foundation of the Philippines
d. Institute of the Philippine Culture
66. There is violation of _____________ in cases of extra-judicial killings.
a. search and seizure order
b. due process of law
c. arrest warrant
d. equal protection under the law
67. As a science of humanity and its society, Anthropology seeks to present an integrated picture of __________.
b. early man
d. human fossils
68. Among the fields of anthropology which studies the evolution of man and biological diversity within the species?
c. Cultural anthropology
d. Biological anthropology
69. Among patterns of behavior required in Sociology which is obtained through direct experience, observation and testing?
b. Critical spirit
d. Ethical neutrality
70. Who coined the word "sociological imagination" to underscore the relationship between what is happening in people's personal lives and the social forces that surround them?
a. Mark Dukheim
b. Wright Mills
c. Auguste Comte
d. Isabel Panopio
71. Clusters of stable rules known as social __________ govern social activities and practices based on similar principles displaying regularity?
72. The desire of government for all citizens to obey all laws is a/an __________ culture.
73. Showing respect by kissing the hand that has changed to kissing the cheek or hugging shows__________ culture in society.
74. What particular event awakened national awareness of human indignity during the 1980s prior to the EDSA revolution?
a. Slay of Ninoy Aquino
b. Human rights violations
c. Call of Cardinal Sin
d. Parliament of the streets
75. What was founded by six nations in 1967 for partnership in regional development?
d. Great Six Nations
76. Who was the Asian senior statesman who removed drugs, unemployment and dirt waste from his city-state?
a. Lee Kuan Yew
b. Rodrigo Duterte
c. Arsenio Lacson
d. Jawaharla Nehru
77. What marked people empowerment in 1986?
a. Yellow Ribbons
b. KKK revolution
c. New Society
d. EDSA revolution
78. Given issues of election cheating, psychologists see Philippine politics as intrinsically known to be____________.
79. The winner in Philippine national presidential election is determined by _________ votes, while that of the U.S. by __________ votes.
a. total :: sectoral votes
b. national :: local votes
c. popular :: electoral college votes
d. multi-party :: one party votes
80. In its Charter, ASEAN nations are described as __________ societies.
81. Senator Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 presidential elections because of losing __________ votes.
b. electoral college
82. Private sector groups for national advocacies are commonly referred to as__________.
a. public sector
b. civil society
d. party-list representatives
83. Which statement on human rights is CORRECT?
a. Human rights are limited
b. Human right is might
c. Human right is moral power not a physical power.
d. All rights are inalienable.
84. Royally rights acquired through the authorship of a book are examples of __________.
a. inalienable rights
b. acquired rights
c. alienable rights
d. imperfect rights
85. Rights which cannot be renounced or transferred because they are necessary for the fulfillment of man's primordial obligations are called _________.
a. alienable rights
b. acquired rights
c. perfect rights
d. acquired rights
86. Under which type of right does the right to life fall?
a. Inalienable rights
b. Alienable rights
c. Perfect rights
d. Imperfect rights
87. Rights cannot be unduly trampled upon or suppressed without moral guilt because they are _________.
88. Which human rights doe libel violate?
a. The right to property
b. The right to one's honor
c. The right to one's own life
d. The right to make a livelihood
89. Which is a violation of the right to choose one's way of life?
a. Fourteen-hour work as against the regular eight-hour work
b. Child labor
c. Forced labor
d. Under compensation
90. Which is an example of an alienable right?
a. Right to marry
b. Right to life
c. Right to aims
d. Right to possess a house acquired through inheritance
91. CARP’s (Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program) primary aim or purpose
a. make the tiller the own of the land he cultivates
b. achieve a dignified existence for the small farmers
c. provide the necessary support facilities, institutions and services
d. provides credit facilities like loans and financing.
92. The term of office for the President under the 1987 Constitution
a. 3 years
b. 6 years
c. 3 year with re – election
d. 6 years with re – election
93. It embodies the national policy on information technology and serves as a guide to all government agencies in the effective utilization of information technology resources.
a. National Information Technology Plan (NITP)
b. National Technology Development Program
c. Science and Technology Development Program
d. Information Technology Utilization Plan
94. It is electronic commerce between individual consumers.
a. B2B ( Business to Business )
b. C2C ( consumer to consumer)
c. E – mail
d. B2C ( business to consumet )
95. It is the environmental milestone that requires industries to install anti – pollution device and ban the use of incinerators.
a. The Greenpeace Act
b. The Enviromental Care Act
c. The Clean Air Act
d. The Anti – Pollution Law
96. A broader regional free trade zone established composed of ASEAN engaging Japan, China and South Korea in expanding economic relations.
a. ASEAN Free Trade Zone
b. “ASEAN Plus Three”
c. APEC Economic Zone
d. APEC Free Trade Zone
97. Program designed to solved the social ills of the Filipino society through social renewal and transformation and to strengthen the moral fiber of the Filipino people.
a. People Empowerment
b. “Galing Mo Pinoy!”
c. People Initiative
d. Moral Recovery Program
98. The integration of national markets into a single world place where goods, services, financial capital and technology flow unhampered between countries.
a. Market Liberation
b. Free Trade Zone
d. Market Integration
99. World body with 143 member – countries that set governing rules in economic relations and trade.
a. World Trade Organization
b. General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade
c. United Nations
d. U.N. Conference on Trade and Development
100. Refers to the increasing reliance on markets, not governments to guide economic activity.
101. It is global financial body which imposes sanctions on countries who fail to act against money – laundering.
a. The Financial Action Task Force
b. Internetional Monetary Fund
c. The Federal Reserve
d. The U.N. Finance Group
102. It measures the numerical index of a person’s general intelligence as compared to others of the same type of intelligence.
b. Intelligence Quotent (IQ)
c. Emotional Quotient (EQ)
103. This law allows college students to choice among 3 component programs of national service namely ROTC, literacy training service or civic welfare training.
a. National Service Training Program Act (NSTP Act)
b. Civic Service Act
c. National Defense Service Act
d. National Integrated Service Act
104. It is the corporate mind of the pupils and teachers organized around principles of knowledge in which all minds are thinking as one.
a. social mind
b. educative mind
c. philosophical mind
105. It is outmost educational importance that the social basis of human nature should be habitual when?
a. man fails to correct some of the worst social ills
b. man resort to war, terrorism or violence to call the society’s attention
c. man rearranges social circumtances to let self – restraint give way to social justice
d. man has to learn to fight to protect one’s life and preserve one’s culture
106. Which of the following situation would hasten the changes the social quality of human nature?
a. making education an instrument for social change
b. making our selves open to change
c. letting the institutions be the agents of change
d. allowing freedom to adopt a more critical attitude towards change
107. They ware the first to regard the school as an instrument of social development.
a. the advocates of progressive education
b. the advocates of conservative education
c. those who see violence or terrorism as the ultimate to hasten social change
d. those who are content with the status quo.
108. These are values which are basic, urgent and obligatory in character in man’s life and activities.
a. religious values
b. ethical values
c. cultural values
d. social values
109. Social stratisfaction is the system used in assigning men their respective ranks in the society based on?
a. one’s social stratum to another laterally, horizontally or vertically
b. acquired social and cultural heritage of his society
c. factors such as income on his social position in the society
d. The person’s view on his social position in th society
110. A society that gives importance and adopts the democratic view of education, places great emphasis by
a. requiring compulsory schooling for all its citizens
b. choosing excellent people to run the educational system
c. requiring the use of excellent textbooks
d. recognizing the dignity of al individuals
111. Refers to the passing of culture to the next generation.
112. It is the important basis in the formation of social unit in a society.
a. mutual interest
b. age and sex
113. The secret society Jose Rizal establized designed to promote civic and patriotic education among the Filipinos.
a. La Liga Filipina
d. La Juventud
114. Rizal’s winning poem which is considereda classic in Philippine Literature
a. To the Filipino Youth
b. El Amor Partio
c. Los Viajes
d. The Tales
115. The process of two cultures borrowing from each other.
a. mixed culture
b. culture are
116. The cognitive aspect of the valuing process wherein the individual has a full understanding of the consequences of each option being considered.
a. choosing from the alternatives
b. choosing reflectively
c. choosing freely
d. imagining and cherishing.
117. Value – laden ideas that indicates the learner’s behavior such as his attitudes, interest, aspirations, beliefs, etc/
a. behavior indicators
b. attitude indicators
c. aptitude indicators
d. value indicators
118. The teachers become a director of values learning and enriches the learnings through cognitive and affective inputs.
119. To develop the value of self – reflection and analysis educational methods should?
a. focus on note learning and analysis
b. inculcate the value and habit of self reflection starting from childhood
c. condict a series of activities on self – reflection
d. encourage conversion as a proof of personal transformation
120. Is an ongoing process of using one’s innate capabilities and potential in full, creative ways which is the core of the valuing process.
a. self- actualization
c. value processing
d. self – direction
121. What does a professional code of ethics prescribe for all?
A. Moral standards and ethical behavior
B. Rules and regulations in practicing one’s profession
C. Strict law implementation
D. Civility and social-consciousness
122. The number of days after which an enrolled bill becomes a law.
A. 45 days
B. 60 days
C. 75 days
D. 90 days
123. It is perceived as the most important need and most pressing problem of the Filipino family.
A. Unemployment or financial problem
B. Prone to vise
C. Broken family
D. Double standard on roles
124. There are 3 fundamental Human rights according to the Universal Declaration of human Rights. These are:
A. Life, security and self-development
B. Life, economy and self-development
C. Life, dignity and security
D. Life, liberty and security
125. Which of the following state is the right to human dignity?
A. Property ownership
B. Honor and reputation
C. Fair trial
D. Political independence
126. Which of the following would refer to the “Funnel Effect?”
A. Criminal justice is fully implemented in the Philippines
B. Very few criminal would be caught and be punished
C. Every criminal would be caught and be punished
D. All crimes are under the same criminal justice
127. The most important and central message of the Moral Recovery Program.
A. National moral regeneration
128. Government expenses is more than that it ears thru tax collection.
A. Fiscal reforms
D. Fiscal deficit
129. If the school is considered as a agent of social and cultural changes, it should function as?
A. Transmitter of culture
B. Perpetuator of tradition
C. Pioneer of programs
D. Innovator of instructions
130. It mandates the blending of coco methyl ester (CME) in all diesel fuel and ethanol in gasoline sold across the country.
A. Fuel Development Act
B. Alternative Fuel Development Act
C. Biofuel Act of 2006
D. Clean Air Act of 1999
131. Which of the following is NOT considered a “biofuel?”
A. Jathropa or “tuba-tuba”
B. Liquefied petroleum gas
D. Coco methyl ester
132. The “Asean +3” was recently expanded with 3 new partner –countries during the 2006 APEC in Vietnam to foster broader regional free trade in the region. These countries are?
A. U.S. Canada and Japan
B. Australia, New Zealand and India
C. Russia, China and Japan
D. Australia, US And New Zealand
133. Refers to a diesel- equivalent, processed fuel derived from biological sources.
B. Vegetable oils
134. What is the main goal of drug abuse education?
135. The Fundamental law of the land.
A. Republic Acts
C. Court decisions
D. Executive Orders
E. Supreme Court decisions
136. It is the power of the State to command and enforce obedience to its’ will form people within its’ jurisdiction and to have freedom from foreign control.
D. Eminent Domain
E. Police Power
137. The Philippines is a Democratic and ____________state. Sovereignty resides in the people and all the government authority emanates from them.
138. Policy of the State to promote social justice in all phase of national development and give preferential attention to the welfare of the less fortunate members of the society.
A. Human rights
D. Social Justice
E. None of the above
139. It is declaration and enumeration of the individual rights and privileges which the Constitution is to protect against violations by the government, by groups or by individuals.
A. Civil Rights
B. Bills Rights
C. Political Rights
D. Constitutional Rights
E. Social Rights
140. It signifies that “all personssubject to legislation shall be treated alike, under like circumstances and conditions both in the privileges conferred and liabilities imposed”
A. Bill of Rights
B. Constitution Rights
C. Political Rights
D. “Equal Protection of Law”
141. These are the rights of the citizens which give them power to participate, directly or indirectly, in then establishment or administration of the government, suffrage and information in matters of public concern.
A. Political Rights
B. Civil Rights
C. Constitution Rights
D. Economic Rights
E. Cultural Rights
142. The rights of the citizens which the law enforce at the government, suffrage and information in matters of public concern.
A. Political Rights
B. Civil Rights
C. Constitutional Rights
D. Economic Rights
E. Cultural Rights
143. They are rights which are intended to ensure the well-being and economic security of individuals. Among them are the rights against involuntary servitude, etc.
A. Constitutional Rights
B. Social & Economic Rights
C. Civil Rights
D. Political Rights
E. Cultural Rights
144. They are rights which are intended to ensure the well –being and economic security of individuals. Among them are the right property and just compensation.
A. Power of Eminent Domain
B. Police Power
C. Power of Taxation
D. Emergency Powers
145. It is the power of the State to impose charge or burden upon persons, property or property or rights for the use and support of the government and to enable it to discharge its’ appropriate functions.
A. Eminent Domain
B. Police Power
D. Constitution Powers
146. It is the power to apply the law to contest or disputes concerning legally recognized rights or duties between the State and private persons brought before the judiciary.
A. Executive Powers
B. Legislative Powers
C. Judicial Powers
D. Constitutional Powers
E. Police powers
147. Under the 1987 Constitution, which among it’s basic principles embody the sociological aspects of life?
a. Separation of States and Church
b. Empowerment of the People Power
c. Recognition of Family as basic social institution
d. Empowerment of Suffrage
148. The measurement of the total value of the country’s economic production
a. Gross National Product (GNP)
b. National Income
c. Net National Income
d. Per Capita Income
149. The major purpose of taxation.
a. provides State Income
b. redistribute the monetary resources
c. lessen the disposable income
d. controls financial deficit
150. A policy that controls taxes and government expenditures
a. monetary policy
b. fiscal policy
c. trade policy
d. investment policy
Download this LET Reviewer as well as the answer keys from the button above. If the download button is not working, please leave a comment below and we will fix it as soon as possible.
For the complete list of LET Reviewers, you may follow this link: Downloadable LET Reviewers
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...