- Download 17256
- File Size 82kb
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 14 2020
- Last Updated October 20 2023
LET Reviewer: Social Science Part 3
Social Science Part 3
1. What factor was a major cause of both World War I and World War II?
a. The spread of Marxian ideas into Europe
b. The dropping of atomic bombs
c. Nationalism and national borders
d. The rise of totalitarian fascist states
2. In which organization is the Philippines a member to fight communist aggression?
3. The theory that population increases by geometrical ratio while the means of subsistence increases by arithmetical ratio is attributed to?
a. Karl Marx
b. Robert Malthus
c. Emile Durkheim
4. In what instance is the Filipino double-standard morality shown?
a. A couple brings their sick child to the doctor then later to the espiritista
b. Young parents bring up their children in a manner different from how they were brought up
c. Illiterate parents are eager to send their children to school even if they themselves did not go to school
d. A married man who flirts with someone else other than his wife seems acceptable but a married woman who flirts with another man is condemned.
5. Which part of Asia does the Arabian peninsula occupy?
6. The important factors which have contributed to the weakness in the internalization of desirable values is the?
a. Lack of models among the very people expected to exemplify these values
b. Use of approaches which are mainly cognitive rather than effective
c. Lack of follow up systems from one grade level to another
d. Minimum recognition and appreciation given to teachers
7. To govern is to rule and the government rules by laws. Whose main duty is the enforcement of laws?
a. Police department
b. Judiciary department
c. Legislative department
d. Executive department
8. The term that refers to the class of Filipinos who were free and independent
c. Aliping namamahay
d. Aliping saguiguilid
9. The Spanish expedition responsible for naming the archipelago Filipinas
a. Magellan’s expedition
b. Loarca expedition
c. Legaspi expedition
d. Villalobos expedition
10. The third and last military governor of the Philippines was
a. Gen. Wesley Merritt
b. Gen. Elwell Otis
c. Gen. Arthur MacArthur
d. Gen. Douglas MacArthur
11. Which Katipunan member commuted from Cavite to Manila to buy materials used to make ammunitions?
a. Teresa Magbanua
b. Agueda Esteban
c. Teodora Alonso
d. Trinidad Tecson
12.Which economic system is based on free enterprise?
b. Mixed economies
13. How is the so-called colonial mentality manifested?
a. Cultural relativism
b. Cultural diversity
14. Which is a safeguard against unfair trade practices like short-weighing?
a. Total Quality Movement
c. Consumer vigilance
15. If the seven continents were arranged from largest to smallest, in which order does Australia fall?
16. In which continent can we find stormy Cape Horn which is known as the graveyard of ships and sailors?
c. South America
17. Which led to the creation of Pakistan as a nation in 1947? Religious differences between
a. Hindus and Christians
b. Christians and Muslims
c. Hindus and Buddhists
d. Hindus and Muslims
18. Which is common to Sun Yat Sen and Mahatma Gandhi?
a. Promoted a society ruled by religious leaders
b. Rejected violence as a way to political power
c. Led a successful nationalistic movement in their respective countries
d. Supported Marxist philosophy to change existing governments
19. Nebuchadnezzar was to the Babylonian Empire as Asoka was to the ______ Empire.
20. With the opposition of the parity rights in mind, who does NOT belong to the group?
a. Claro M. Recto
b. Jose Laurel
c. Manuel Roxas
d. Pedro Taruc
21. When the Filipino reformists asked for the assimilation of the Philippines by Spain, what did they ask for? For the Philippines to ____
a. Become independent from Spain
b. Become a province of Spain
c. Be independent from Spain with certain conditions
d. Be represented in the Spanish Cortes
22. Who among the Presidents changed the date of our celebration of Independence day from July 4 to June 12?
a. Ramon Magsaysay
b. Diosdado Macapagal
c. Carlos Garcia
d. Ferdinand Marcos
23. In which country did the Philippines participate in the world’s peacekeeping operations by sending doctors, nurses, soldiers and police?
b. East Timor
24. In which poem did Rizal write about offering one’s life for one’s country?
a. A La Juventud Filipina
b. Song of Maria Clara
c. Sa Aking mga Kabata
d. Mi Ultimo Adios
25. As an effect of our geography, in which of the following island/s do people travel mostly by water?
d. Visayas and Mindanao
26. As an insular country, to which principle does the Philippines adhere when it comes to territorial boundary?
a. Two hundred nautical miles of the country’s coast
b. Three hundred fifty nautical miles from shore
c. Three-mile territorial limit
d. Archipelagic doctrine
27. Which part/s of the Visayas has/have comparatively more excessively moist climate and limited arable lands?
c. Eastern and Central
d. Central and Western
28. Which follows Pres. Garcia’s “Filipino First Policy”? Filipinos
a. Should buy and consume Filipino products only
b. Should not contribute to the brain drain problem
c. Should be selective in the entry in the entry of foreign professionals in the country
d. Were to be given first preference in all matters related to the economic development of the country
29. Aside from the Philippines, which countries claim part of the Spratly islands in the South China Sea?
a. China, Thailand, Brunei, Malaysia
b. China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia
c. Indonesia, China, Taiwan, Malaysia
d. China, Thailand, Brunei, Malaysia
30. The following are our constitutional rights EXCEPT to
a. Free access to legal assistance which shall not be denied due to poverty
b. Have access to all records of the government
c. Be presumed innocent until proven guilty
d. Form association and labor unions
Download this LET Reviewer as well as the answer keys from the button above. If the download button is not working, please leave a comment below and we will fix it as soon as possible.
For the complete list of LET Reviewers, you may follow this link: Downloadable LET Reviewers
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...