- Download 63836
- File Size 129kb
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 14 2020
- Last Updated October 20 2023
LET Reviewer: General Education Part 8
General Education Part 8
1. A priest gave all his possessions to disabled children. What right may they claim?
a. Right to just treatment
b. Right to proper treatment
c. Right of disable to equal treatment
d. Right to disabled to equal protection
2. The mother remarked, “ I am used to the same tales”
This is very original
There is nothing new in the story
There is a miscommunication
This is a news
3. How do you convert the statement to a question? Which is the most appropriate for” the rebels wanted to surrender.”
The rebels wanted to surrender, do they?
The rebels surrender, did they?
The rebels wanted to surrender, didn’t they?
What did the rebels want?
4. The best direction for treating bamboo shoots is ______
Expose to windy heights
Dry and brush with chemicals
Dry by mulchings
Expose all to direct sunlight
5. A field commander gave his orders. He meant drop previous order. Which message was heard?
Repeat! Repeat! c. Negative! Delete!
Copy! Copy! d. Over! Over!
6. Which of these capitalized words do not rhyme?
That’s not easy to BEAR
Let’s give a CHEER
I know it CLEAR
It shows, it’s SHEER truth
7. What is the reaction of the shop teacher upon seeing the tools scattered?
a. That’s very kind of you
Leave your tools alone
It’s all right, you may go
Return your tools to the property clerk
8. Which sentence uses a preposition improperly?
She came ON to attend the hearing
The accident happened On his birthday
The witness was barely IN time for the affair
Tell her to be ON time
9. Students are assigned for homework. How does the teacher manage to check all assignments?
Assign group to counter check student’s works
Assign group leaders to check
Disregard the assignment and proceed to a new lesson
Collect assignments after class
10. During the eruption of Mayon Volcano, what message was sent to the barangay folks?
a. Wait for final order of the chief
b. Get ready!
c. Everybody leave your carabaos
d. Everybody call. Everyone evacuate the area
11. Rallies staged against lewd films are reactions for__.
More censoring by authorities
More freedom of expression
Disapproval of questionable actors
Further control of media
12. Farmers were advised about the occurrence of
El Niño. This means_________.
There will be famine
There will be draught
There will be abundance
There will be flood
13. How do people react to a boring lecture or even committee hearings? They usually
Normally jeer c. Keep quite and listen
Walk out in disgust d. Clap loud and cheer
14. A message was sent by the chief of office. What should the subordinate answer? Choose the best response.
a. Noted, Sir c. Sir, I got it rights
b. Sorry, I’m busy sir d. I’ll verify Sir
15. How should this slogan be printed?
1. Keep right 3. At corridors
2. Classes are on going 4. Maintain silence
Which is the best order?
a. 1,4,3,2 b.4,3, 1,2 c. 1,2,3,4 d. 3,4,2,1
16. Not all ED’s in verbs sound alike. Which ED is different?
She failed to get the needED answer
She was not grantED an audience
She wantED a chaperon
She signED a contract
17. Identify the present Filipino values and their influence on the Filipino. Youth as stated:
Lack of discipline_________ Humor
Extreme personalism ________ Individualism
Faith________ Attitudinal Conflict
Lack of initiative_________ Passionism
18. The movie was fully booked. But the crowd signed in disgust, what __________!
a. An exaggeration c. A waste
b. An expensive one d. A show
19. The manager told his workers, “ We have to reduce our workforce.” What did he mean?
Workers are free to leave
Workers have to double time ion their jobs
Workers are warned for possible lay off
Workers should submit themselves to a reducing gym
20. The parent remarked,” ____________ I come late, just lock the door.”
a. In the event c. In the process
b. In the interval d. In the absence
21. The copyreader found the news story boring. He found it full of __________.
a. Adjectives c. Pronouns
b. Verbs d. Adverbs
22. There were three guests on the stage. They were made up a parent, the governor and the principal. Who should be acknowledged first by the valedictorian?
a. The classmates c. The governor
b. The principle d. The parent
23. Office hours are shortened by presidential proclamation when__________.
There is danger to lives caused by flood, etc.
There is eminent famine
There is fire
There is an epidemic of flu
24. Terrorism has scared travelers. Travelers are warmed by relatives through__________.
a. Advisory notes c. Test messages
b. Telephone d. Telefax
25. After caring a soldier for twenty years, he eventually turned traitor to the flag
a. The case is impossible
b. The case of paradoxical
c. The case is normal
d. The case is tragic
26. Barangay elections are set for July. Who will be deprived to vote?
a. Those who are under age
b. Those attending classes in Manila
c. Those who failed to register
d. Those who residents of other places
27. An adopted girl eloped with a foreigner, imagine the utterance of eh mother as:
a. Irresponsible indeed c. How did I fail?
b. What a shame d. Thanks God, I am free
28. What is implied about the place of our country in technology?
a. Filipinos have to learn more from Singapore
b. Filipinos score behind in computers
c. Filipinos are abreast in I.T. with India
d. Filipinos are at par with any country in I.T.
29. Arrange these phrases to make a good sentence
1. into a dark street
2. who escorted her home
3. although a stranger
4. she followed the man
The best arrangement is:
a. 3,4,2,1 b. 1,4,2,3 c. 3,2,1,4 d.1,2,3,4
30. A child screamed, “ I lost my pencil. Who?
a. is the relief among us
b. dared touch my things
c. stole it again
d. made a mistake and picked my pencil
31. Some media personalities are charged of corruption. They are charged as _________.
a. Envelopmentalist c. fixers
b. Chargers d. commissioners
32. Loss of qualified teachers going abroad is one type of ___________.
a. Employment c. unemployment
b. brain drain d. migration
33. New edifice in Intramuros are protested against as a ___________.
a. desecration of national shrines
b. disgrace to history
c. desecration of national heroes
d. destruction of historical land marks
34. Every June, Manila has its festival of outstanding Filipino films. This was a project initiated by ______________.
a. Gat Lacson c. Gat Villegas
b. Gat Atienza d.Gat Lim
35. A father refused revenge when he uttered
a. “ Don’t take the law into your hands.”
b. “ An eye for an eye.”
c. “ Justice is always delayed.”
d. “ That’s murder.”
36. One who hires a PR man really wants ____.
a. a correction of wrong perception
b. a damage control
c. a build up of his people
d. a projection of his image
37. The teacher called the attention of the class on inflections in speech. Which gives the final low inflection?
a. a dash c. a question
b. a semicolon d. a comma
38. A fire alarm was rung. How many classes exit properly? What is heard from the principal?
a. “ Keep cool, Get down quietly.”
b. “ Get in touch with your parents, fast.”
c. “ Leave your things. March down the stair briskly.”
d. “ Dismiss your classes.”
39. During army conscription, the candidates should be
a. physically fit
b. a converted citizen
c. a citizen
d. mentally and physically fit
40. President Ramon Magsaysay was chanted a song _______.
a. For Whom the Bell Tolls
b. For Democracy Will Die
c. To Whom it may Deserve
d. For All must die
41. During conferences one rule on cell phone holders is:
a. allow your cell phone to vibrate
b. answer any call anytime
c. shut off your cell phones
d. switch you cell unit “ silent”
42. When a leader is succeeded by another leader, the former is referred to as the _____.
a. replaced c. deposed
b. elected d. dethroned
43. Quemada’s poems says, ‘ On the street of this position of God’s world I feel a neighbor to a rat, so brother of a worm; Forever chasing rainbows at muddy margins.”
a. Life can be so fruitful
b. Life is not worth living
c. Life is empty and meaningless
d. Life is full of challenges
44. Young go for glitters and gold. This means the students are
a. Selfish c. self-conscious
b. Thrifty d. self-directed
45. Watch how Moby Dick is treated in: “ The whale has no famous author and whaling no famous chronicles.”
a. Whaling is not truly structured
b. Whales are ordinary creature
c. Whale is a wild mammal that haunts mariners
d. Whaling is an old hobby
46. Tiempo further says: “ The modern heroes are understandable products of one literary heritage at the present world. Heroes of the present are prototypes of the society in which they flourish.”
a. Literature has heroes who represent the people, race and times
b. Modern society affects the modern heroes of literature
c. Modern heroes embody values of their society
d. Modern and classical, heroes are alike
47. Edith Tiempo tells of a hero: “ In classical times the tragic hero was a good man nobly endowed by lineal heritage, and by nature in ranked as well as in character, a flaw stands out in raw relief by the singleness and which ultimately causes his down fall.”
a. Classical heroes are never failures in life.”
b. The hero’s eventual fall is caused by the heritage of stature
c. The flaw of heroes start from his original goodness
d. The hero consistently stands on top
48. Jose Garcia Villa experimented on the use of form.
a. His poems followed a centipede or a bird
b. His poems followed a structure
c. His poems were of romantic tones.
d. His poems disregarded substance
49. The President ordered a four-day office in a week. Which schedule is followed?
a. 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM c. 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
b. 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM d. 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM
50. History never cited a leaderless nation. This means ________.
a. nations can survive leaderless
b. a leader can fade away but another comes up
c. a leader is always born
d. historical events are matched with leaders
51. The report from congress registered rejection on the proposed bill. This means _____.
a. Some changed parties
b. Some favored the leadership
c. Some proved their lack of cooperation
d. The majority failed to get the group support
52. How is life portrayed in these lines? “Life is but a walking shadow, a pun player struts and frets … And is heard no more.”
a. Life is passing c. There is eternity
b. Life goes by stages d. Life has its end
53. Ang Kagawaran ng Pang-ibang bansa ay gulong-gulo kapag may giyera sa ibang bansa. Ano and unang ginagampanan ng Ambassador sa Kuwait
a. Alamin and mga tirahan ng mga Pilipino sa bayang iyon.
b. Ipunin ang mga maykaya at ipalipad pauwi
c. Bayaang magsipag-uwian sa sariling sikap ang bawat isa
d. Bilangin ang mga lalaki
54. Nang pumutok and bulking Mayon, ang mga tao’y _________ sa ibang bayan
a. Nasipaghanda c. nagsilikas
b. Nasipagtago d. nagsipagtakbo
55. May naaksidenteng limang taong bata sa lansangan. Sino ang unang sisihin sa pangyayari?
a. ang sasakyan na walang preno
b. ang pabayang magulang
c. Ang pulis na wala sa kanto
d. Ang tsuper na mabilis magpatakbo
56. Noong kaarawan ng Pangulong Arroyo, ano ang ginawa ng mga sasakyan?
a. nakipag-ugnay sa MMDA
c. nagbara sa daan
d. nagbigay ng libreng sakay
57. Anong hukuman ang siyang _____ ng kasong kurapsyon
a. Court of appeals –manglilitis
c. Sandigang bayan- naglilitis
d. Korte Suprema-maglilitis
58. Ano ang ginagawa sa Kuwait kung araw ng kalayaan?
a. Nagpupugay sa bandila at nag-aalay ng bulaklak sa mga bayani
b. Nagsisipag talastasan ng kahulugan ng araw
c. Nagsisipag-awit at sayaw
d. Nagwawagayway ng bandila
59. Ako’y nangangakong matatapos sa isang karera. Siya’y kasama sa ______.
a. Ospital sa panganganak ng asawa
b. Gustong magsuot ng toga isang araw
c. Isang rally sa EDSA
d. Siya’y hawak and malamig na bakal
60. Nagulat ang mga Amerikano noong __________ ang mga Hapon sa Pearl Harbor
a. Dadating c. nagsidating
b. Magsidating d. dumating
61. Ano ang isang bagay na di dapat kasangkutan ng isang kagawad ng gobyeno?
a. magtrabaho habang may sahod
b. Dapat mamahagi ng pera para sa isang kandidato
c. Di dapat mamulitika
d. Dapat magsikap yumaman
62. Kong minsan ang mga Asiano ay nagkakantinihan. Alin and mas malapit na wika sa Pilipino?
a. Japan b. Malaysia c. Latin d. Intsik
63. Ang sarzuela noong panahon ng kastila ay dinaanan sa
a. pamamagitan ng Latin at Kastila
b. pamamagitan ng halong Tagalog at Kastila
c. pamamagitan ng Kastila
d. pamamagitan ng salita ng isang bayan
64. May isang professor sa chemistry and ibig na matuo and mag-aaral sa pamamagitan ng pagtuturo sa Pilipino. Ano ang pinakang-kapuna-puna sa klase niya.
a. Sand salitang teknikal ay kanyang binago
b. Ang salitang teknikal ay kanyang ginamit
c. Lahat ay Pilipino
d. Taglish ang pagtuturo niya
65. Maraming uri ng Piilipino ngunit ang katangap-tangap ay ang ______.
a. ayon sa panitikan
b. puno ng salitang hiram
c. ang tuwirang Pilipino sa kabuuang wika
66. Alin ang ginagawa kung Biyernes Santo?
a. Pitong pangunahing salita
b. Sampung utos ng Diyos
d. Pasyon sa bayan
67. Ang maggagawa ay di-sangayon sa maliit na pagtaas ng sahopd. Alin ang ginagawa nilang pahiwati?
a. Nasipag-aklas sa trabaho
b. Di pumasok
c. Sumulat ng open letter
d. Sinabotahe ang tangapan
68. “ Ang laki sa layaw, karaniwang hubad”. Ayon kay Balagtas kaya
a. ang mga bata nakapagtapos sa pag-aaral
b. angmga bata ay lagging magagalang
c. ang babae ay nag-aartista
d. ang mga bata di sumusunod sa magulang
69. Alam niya ang lahat ngunit di niya ginawa ang sabi nya
a. Padre Damaso c. Pilosopo Tasyo
b. Paciano d. Maria Clara
70. Sa isang kanto may babala: “ Hiwalayan ang natutunaw at di natutunaw na basura. “ alin ditto ang tama?
a. may pera sa basura
b. isang lalagyan para sa lahat
c. Ang gulay, isda at saging maaring isang basurahan
d. Ang plastik, papel at bote maaaring isama sa gulay
71. Laging naalaala ang wika ni Rizal na mamamatay siya sa _______.
a. Bukang-liwayway c. Hating-gabi
b. Takip-silim d. Madaling arwa
72. “ Darating ka ba? Talaga ba? Tanong ng isang kasintahan. Alin kaya ang wastong sagot?
a. “ bakit makulit ka?”
b. “ Oo, mag-antay ka lang.”
c. “ Oo naman.”
d. “ Di kaba naniniwala? Basta.”
73. Ang hiling ng namatay na artista ay siay’s ilibingsa takip silim. Anong oras iyon?
a. madaling araw
b. sa pagitan ng alas singko at alas sais ng hapon
c. ika-anim ng umaga
d. ika-walo ng gabi
74. Nabigo siya sa kanyang pngarap, ngayon siya’y.
a. Palikaw c. nasa lansangan
b. di nakikinig sa lahat d. basing sisiw
75. “ Bago ako sumonod, ikaw muna, “ ang tugon ng isang kagawad. Ito’y
a. pagbabala ng isang welga
b. tugon ng walang tiwala
c. pagkutya sa lider
d. isang halimbawa ng tamad
76. “ Ang karapatan mo, ipaglaban mo.” Ano ang ibig sabihin nito?
a. Ipagtanggol ka ng abogado
b. Alamin mo ang karapatang pantao
c. Alamin mo ang karapatan ng amerikano
d. Tawagin mo ang pulis
77. Si M.H. Del Pilar ay tagasunod ni Rizal sa larangan ng __________ .
a. Panggagamot c. simbahan
b. baril d. pagsusulat
78. “ Sa ika-30 ng agosto ay isang piyesta opisyal at walang pasok sa lahat ng antas kaya ______.
a. and papasok ay babayaran ng matino
b. ay papasok tataas ang sweldo
c. ang papasok ay itataas ang ranggo
d. and di pumasok kakaltasan ng sweldo
79. Si Ninoy Aquino ay bumalik sa Pilipinas. Ayon sa kanya
a. di dapat buhayin and mga Pilipino
b. ang kamatayan ko para sa pamilya lang
c. dapat bang magpakamatay dahil lang sa Pilipino
d. and lahing Pilipino higit sa lahat ay dapat ipaglaban hanggang kamatayan
80. “ Ito’y bunga ng aking pawis, “ sabi ni Gina. Ano ang mensahe niya?
a. Nagtiyaga siya makapagpundar ng gamit
b. Nagpakabait siya
c. Nagsarili siya ng hanapbuhay
d. Pinapawisan siya sa gawain
81. Give the value of N in 26 2/28 + 22 ½ =N
a. –48 2/3 b. 49 4/6 c. 48 1/3 d. 48 2/18
82. A playground occupied 1/5 of an empty field for a basketball and baseball areas. The whole land is 1.5 hectares. How many square meters were left?
a. 12, 500 b.11,000 c.12,000 d.13,000
83. A farmer owned 302 hectares. He planted 1/3 of the area to coconuts. The rest were converted is 1.5 hectares. How many square meters were left?
a. 12,500 b.11,000 c.12,000 d.13,000
84. There are two pieces of cloth with 8 4/10 and 25 2/5 meters in length. Give the total length of the cloth.
a. 32 4/5 meters c. 32 7/10 meters
b. 32 3/5 meters d. 32 1/5 meters
85. What is the LCM of these set of number (4,5,10)?
a. 4 b. 20 c. 10 d. 8
86. Give the product of 102 multiplied by .05
a. 5.11 b. 5.1 c. 510 d. 51
87. Give the LCM of these set of numbers (24,12,16)?
a. 96 b. 384 c. 98 d. 192
88. There are 500 houses sold by a subdivision owner. Each recipient occupied 80 square meters each. How big was the whole area?
a. 4 ha b. 14 ha c. 10 ha d. 5 ha
89. Which of these numbers is divisible by 8?
a. 300 b. 900 c. 400 d. 9000
90. Mr. Rich has a total asset of P 3.1 billion. He gave Jay P240 million, and Rico 1.2 billion. How much will the only daughter receive?
a. P17 billion c. 80 million
b. 1,660 billion d. 1.7 billion
91. A father died leaving 56 hectares. He had five children. What is the mother share when divided by court?
a. 4.6 ha b. 5.6 ha c. 28 ha d. 9.33 ha
92. Which I not the leap year in this set?
a. 2002 b. 2000 c. 2004 d. 2008
93. In Australia each flock has 40 heads. There are total of 2,8000 heads. How many heads, How many flocks will farm have?
a. 70 b.100 c. 40 d. 60
94. Give the ration of the 18 officers to the 12 insurgents
a. 2:5 b. 3:5 c. 2:3 d. 3:2
95. Which of these are parts of equivalent ratios?
a. 16:28 and 36:63 c. 27:45 and 48:72
b. 16:24 and 10:15 d. 4:10 and 18:45
96. Which of these are parts of equivalent ratios?
a. 7 b. 8 c. 6 d. 9
97. Pedro sent P 48, 000 for 3 sides of his fence. How much will the remaining fence cost?
a. P 16,000 b. P22,000 c. P20,000 d. P15,000
98. Give the final percentage rate of commission gained by Johnny. He sold an engine for P 258,000. His commission was P 37,520 minus P 5,300 for transportation?
a. 14.13% b. 12.48% c.14.54% d.12.05%
99. The price of glassware was P 160.00 a set. After a day a price was raised by 10%. What was the final cost of the glassware?
a. P176.00 b. P196.00 c. P166.00 d. P276.00
100. If 47.5 % of the 1,000 freshmen are girls, then the numbers of boys is
a. 50% greater than the girls
b. 875 all together
c. not ascertained from the given
d. 25% greater than girls
101. Write the ratio to the lowest term for 4 hours to 30 minutes.
a. 30:4 b. 4:2 c. 2:30 d. 4:30
102. The youth considered 55% of the voting population. Marikina has 1.360 million voters. How many voters are the youth?
a. 768,000 b. 750,000 c. 788,000 d. 748,000
103. Cementing of roads are being done in some areas. One barangay has 2 lanes with 7 by 200 meters long. What is the total area to be cemented?
a. 9,000 sq. m c. 1,500 sq. m
b. 14,000 sq. m d. 1,800 sq m
104. Pastor irrigated 2 hectares of his rice field . But this is only 1/5 of the whole area. Give the whole area of pastor’s land.
a. 10 ha b. 20 ha c. 24 ha d.11ha
105. What prize will each receive from a first prize of P 45,000,000. There were 15 recipients of the jackpot
a. P 2,500,000.00 c. P 3,100,000.00
b. P 3,000,000.00 d. P 45,000.00
106. Ms. Yan her new kitchen. The area is 3.5 meters by 2.8 meters, how many square meters will be tiled?
a. 10.8 sq. m c. 98 sq. m
b. 108 sq. m. d. 9.8 sq m
107. What is the area of the wall that covered the family in Marikina? After the recovery the men found the height of the wall at 6 meters with a width of 12 meters. Determine the area of the fallen wall
a. 102 sq. m c.720 sq m
b. 72 sq m d.92 sq m
108. How many feet of continuous paper will you print an 81 paged report in duplicate. One page is 8 inches in length. How many feet would you need of the continuous paper?
a. 142 ft b. 172 ft c. 152 ft d. 162 ft
109. Ana is packing her things bought in Singapore. She needs a box of good for 75 cubic inches. Which could answer her need?
a. 4x4x4 inches c. 3x6x5 inches
b. 3x6x7 inches d. 3x5x5 inches
110. How many cubic meters of sand will be required to fill a reclamation area of 6 hectares with 1.5 meters depth?
a. 90,900 cubic meter c. 110,000 cubic meter
b. 90,000 cubic meter d. 100,000 cubic meter
111. A patient weighs 160 lbs. He needs medicine of .03 cc a day. How many cc’s are required for 6 days?
a. 26.8 cc b. 25 cc c. 26.4 cc d. 28.8 cc
112. Cecil weighs 84 kilos. How will she weighs in pound?
a. 184.4 lbs c. 189.5 lbs
b. 188.4 lbs d. 180.4 lbs
113. Rain fell on Sunday and the reading was 2.4cm. On Monday it read 5.2 cm. How much rain fell on Monday night.
a. 3.8 cm b.4.5 cm c. 2.8 cm d.4.8 cm
114. There are 3 layers of eggs sold at P 2.28 each. If a whole seller gets 5% discount, how much will be paid for all?
a. P78.22 b. P77.98 c. P92.00 d. P82.08
115. Write in simple form (3 ab)2
a. 3a3b3 c.3a2b
b. 9a2b2 d. 27a2b
116. Gloria deposited P 600 at 8% compounded annually interest for 4 years. What is total amount
a. P2,162,93 c. P1,558.27
b. P 7,558.27 d. P8,162.93
117. The volume of a larger rectangular box is 3 times the volume of a smaller rectangular box. What is the volume of X?
a. 2 b. 5 c. 3 d. 4
118. Divide (X2-9) ¸(2x+6)
a. 4 (x-3) c. 4 (x+9)
b. 4 (x+9) d. 4( x+3)
119. Simplify X2 (3Y2)
a. 3 2 c. y
b. y d. 3x
120. Solve for x = 6x-1 = 2 x
10 b. ½ c. –1/10 d. –1/2
121. Rivers in Metro Manila are the identified causes of heavy flood. Authorities account this to
a.waste burning in home yards
b. waste dumping on river banks
d. waste inceneration
122. Piggery farms affected by FMD are prohibited from
a. castrating their piglets
b. isolating their piglets from sows
c. butchering their pigs for the market
d. mating their sows when in heat
123. Mining in Mt. Diwalwal was stopped by DENR and the court. What was the reason
a. water was found polluted by mercury
b. water is reduce by mining
c. permits were not issued to miners
d. some miners become rich
124. Earth day is celebrated on April 22 every year. Historically this day took off in the Philippines in the
a. 1960’s b.1950’s c.1940’s d.1970’s
125. The man could not be convinced by the findings on the fallen bridge. To be sure he advised the verification through
a. Objectively c. Curiosity
b. Critical analysis d. Rationality
126. Waste from the kitchen are considered useful in properly separated. How are these classified?
a. non-degradable c. metallic recesses
b. biodegradable d. degradable
127. Beef from Europe was banned for some time. The disease caused by these contaminated meat is reported to affect
a. brain function c. Blood circulation
b. eye sight d. muscular system
128. The professionals who handle animal diseases are known as:
a. Veterinarians c. Animal husbandry
b. Doctors of cattle d. doctors of medicine
129. The Philippine Air Force took off to scatter salt to the existing clouds. This was an attempt to:
a. Encourage earthquake occurrence
b. produce rain over dry fields
c. drive the clouds further to the sea
d. avoid water evaporation
130. Dengue affected patient are easily identified through
a. High fever with rashes in 2-3 days
b. presence of mucous in the nostrils
c. presence of red spots in the arms and other body parts
d. presence of black spots around the eyes
131. The Bureau of fisheries has discovered way to control the sex of different fish varieties. They succeeded best in.
a. Tilapia c. Talakitok
b. carp d. Milkfish or bangus
132. Agricultural advise farmers during the presence of El Nino to raise
a. more root crops c. more rice crops
b. more corn crops d. more leafy vegetables
133. There were people considered scientifically conscious and advanced. They were
a. Greeks and Chinese
b. Egyptians and Greeks
c. Babylonians and Egyptians
d. Babylonians and Greeks
134. Dengue fever has caused has caused death to many children and adults. All these are traced to
a. poor disposal of waste
b. poor hoarding of water in tanks
c. poor maintenance of home compost pits
d. poor ventilation
135. Very lately the WHO gave a warning on the recurrence of _______.
a. TB in Malaysia
b. Cholera in Asia
c. Malaria in the Philippines
d. Anthrax in Mindanao
136. The public school children upon entering grade one were found suffering greatly of
a. kidney trouble c. eye disease
b. tuberculosis d. dental cavities
137. Duirng the bombing of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, the world saw the events at once. This is accountable to
a. light waves d. radio waves
b. digital exposure
c. technological communication
138. Ms. Cruz has a rare collection of orchids. She applied jelly on her orchids leaves. Soon the orchid slowly wilted because
a. the leaves were shiny because of jelly
b. the stoma in the leaves were covered
c. the jelly consumed the heat
d. the leaves were made hot by the jelly
139. The DENR are strict on giving permits to miner and other land use. What is secured to be able to establish a factory?
b. License to operate
c. License to cut trees
d. Environmental control compliance (ECC)
140. Flood has devastated Mindanao and many provinces. The root cause is traced to
a. wanton destruction of gold mines
b. conversion of agricultural and to subdivisions
c. wanton cutting of forest trees
d. using wood for fuel
141. The menace of AIDS dose not exclude children. How are mothers infected with AIDS handled by the Department of Health? They are _______.
a. given fertility pills
b. monitored closely in clinics
c. Made to marry young
d. Using wood for fuel
142. The Philippines has lost its fish breeding places. The destruction is found most in
a. shell fish destruction
b. mangrove destruction
c. mountain side shores
d. deep sea areas
143. Fertilizers are encouraged in farming, however what is the best step before applying any fertilizer. That is through
a. soil analysis
b. mineral content analysis
c. water content analysis
d. soil thickness measurement
144. The Health Department went on a zero campaign among babies and children from 3 months to 10 years. This was done to
a. stop to spread polio
b. reduce typhoid fever
c. reduce occurrence of cancer
d. counteract tuberculosis
145. There was a recent epidemic among cows in Europe. The Philippines took preventive measures against mad cow through
a. vaccination of cows
b. banned importation of cow
c. meat inspection
d. exporting beef to Europe
146. Very recently several monkey farms were closed and their pets destroyed. The monkeys were found infected with
a. blood disease c. AIDS
b. tetanus d. rabies
147. Fish farms abound for live brought to the markets. Which of these variety demand oxygen care?
a. crabs c. sapsap
b. bangus d. lapu-lapu
148. People are discouraged in burning their garbage. This has been destructive to
a. neighbors health c. birds in the sea
b. plants around d. the ozone layer
149. Several hog farms were affected by the hoof and mouth disease. Visitors who entered the piggery cites are
a. made to use gowns and caps
b. pork are given free
c. vaccinated without AMF
d. made to step on disinfectants
150. Children are discouraged to play in flood water since
a. feces of cockroaches are floating
b. feces and urine of animals abound
c. urine of rats are contagious
d. urine of people are around
151. During wars, what is the most dreaded by nations?
a. biological wars c. atomic bomb
b. anthrax d. hydrogen bomb
152. mother sick with diabetes are usually found to be fond of
a. candies b. crabs c. tamarind d. meat
153. The Philippines and the other nation’s health are well ministered by an organization. Which is mentioned for this?
b. World Health Organization
c. United Arabs
d. United nations
154. The Supreme Court approved a bidding to dispose of waste legally. The opposition was against it because of__________.
a. burying waste
b. biodegradable segregation
c. incineration of waste
d. separating plastic and paper
155. Chicken pox usually occurs in August. At what stage is it very contagious?
a. when wound are peeling off
b. when wound has swollen
c. when all wounds have disappeared
d. during the first week
156. The school physician diagnosed children in inner towns suffering from night blindness. He prescribed the taking in of
a. vitamin C c. potassium
b. iron sulfate d. vitamin B12
157. Cleaning of school premises is a part of school cleanliness. What is the best time to conduct ground improved
a. 7:15 AM c. retardation in speech
b. 3:30 PM d. defective hearing
158. Julia’s mother had German measles when she was carrying Julia in her womb. Which of these physical appearance shows the effect on the child?
a. blindness c. retardation in speech
b. defective sight d. defective hearing
159. In order to lose the mother’s teeth what is encouraged ion their diet?
a. iron b. fat c. carbohydrates d. vitamins
160. During a class in gardening one boy was bitten by a snake. What is the best first aid?
a. tie a band around the wound
b. wash the wound with soap and water
c. pound garlic and spread it over the wound
d. tie of band above the bite
161. A child saw an incident of killing in school. The authorities could not compel the child to go to court. What should be present to allow the child to testify?
a. consent of the trying judge
b. consent of the school principal
c. consent of the classroom teacher
d. Consent of the parent to testify and participate
162. The government wants a piece of private land of government project. The owner resisted the government’s demand. How may the government own the land?
a. right of eminent domain
b. right of government ownership
c. right of habeas corpus
d. right of sovereign over the governed
163. A radio station was padlocked after midnight broadcast. The operator accused the authorities of
a. suppression of the right to express one’s views
b. suppression of the freedom of religion
c. suppression of rights to justice
d. suppression of the freedom of speech
164. A man served his sentence for 8 years, although he was sentenced 20 years imprisonment. What did the man enjoy?
a. a computation of years c. total freedom
b. a pardon d. a parole
165. A family built his house in an inner piece of land. He was not allowed to go through a neighbor’s yard. He was accused of trespassing private property. The law allows such passage under the
a. right of travel c. right of homeowners
b. right of way d. right of eminent domain
166. A child after birth has a right to a name. This is actually
a. a right for just treatment
b. a right for survival
c. a right to suffrage
d. a right to his identity
167. Mr. Son was born as a Chinese national. He wants to run as a congressman. He was naturalized at age 18. can he run for congressional seat?
a. Yes, because he was naturalized citizen
b. Yes, because he is a citizen
c. No, because naturalized citizen can’t run to congress
168. A child was born to a couple before the marriage of one. Now, he demands for a share his inheritance. How he will be classified?
a. natural born c. illegitimate child
b. adopted child d. legitimate child
169. There are military confrontations in some parts of the Philippines. How does the government address the situation?
a. declare cease fire
b. declare amnesty for all
c. negotiate with representatives of both panels
d. declare war zones
170. The Philippines pride itself as the first presiding officers of the United Nation. Who was the personality?
a. General Romulo c. Ambassador Maceda
b. Ambassador Elizalde d. General Yan
171. In order to avoid conflict with China what does the Philippines involve in terms of Spratly Island?
a. Laws of territorial boundaries
b. Laws in the sea limits
c. Territorial supremacy
d. laws of immigration
172. Under what conditions are American forces admitted to Philippines conflict areas?
a. visiting training force c. advance force
b. economic support forces d. recovery teams
173. Why are barangay chairman assigned to settle barangay cases?
a. They know all the residents
b. They are competent judges
c. They have training
d. they have biases
174. Who registered gladness and peace because of the access to education in the Afghanistan War?
a. children c. women
b. Widows d. War heroes
175. A fish dealer received a truckload of fish. He found some not marketable. What do you think was his decisions?
a. cook the spoiled fish and distribute it to neighbors
b. choose the good ones and eliminate the spoiled ones
c. sell the whole load
d. color the fish and display once again
176. A maid is continuously molested by a son of a rich landlord. What must the landlord do to protect the maid?
a. terminate the services of the maid
b. warn the son of his acts
c. report the case to the policeman
d. lock the maid in her room
177. The son of a principal wants to be the valedictorian of a class. What should the principal do to avoid criticism?
a. assist the son in his class preparation and participation in school activities
b. Transfer the brighter student to a lower section
c. Calls the rival and give an stern warning
d. confront the teachers on the son’s grade
178. Jose Rizal faced the firing squad in Bagumbayan. This is a true practice of
a. cowardice c. patriotism
b. esplonage d. treachery
179. A subordinate could not take the insults his superior does on him daily. What does this relationship indicate?
a. subordinates feeling are valueless
b. subordinates should be taken as slave
c. the value of respect for another is prevailing
d. superiors are superior
180. A cabinet secretary has a child another woman. He appoints this child as an office clerk. What does he violate by such act?
a. favoritism c. hepotism
b. bigamy d. careerism
181. Cooperatives are very helpful to farmers especially in irrigation of rice field. This is evident when
a. members are accountable for their fellow members credit lines
b. members pay their dues after three harvests
c. members take turn in getting water ration
d. non-members are deprived of water
182. When the goods bought are less than the usual volume from a certain amount. There is noted
a. inflation c. artificial money hoarding
b. economic crisis d. recession
183. The world market has enjoyed entrance of goods in all countries. As far as meat is concerned
a. farmers meat are not saleable
b. farmers are competitive
c. farmers set back is so great to recover
d. farmers thrive because of cooperatives
184. Very lately, Philippine mangroves were exported to Australia, but a new country has produced more quality mangoes and mango products. This is in
a. Singapore c. Korea
b. Indonesia d. Thailand
185. new techniques in food production are learned through
a. television modules
b. barangay forum
c. editorial and cartoons
d. radio comment
186. Free trade means_________
a. level of taxing is mutual between countries
b. goods are all imported
c. goods are come in untaxed
d. farmers thrived are because of cooperatives
187. Observation has been made that big loans that are hardly paid up come from
a. World banks c. central banks
b. Union banks d. Japanese banks
188. The government’s approach to avoid low prices of products during harvest is through
a. organizing cooperatives among farmers
b. putting up bonded warehouse
c. giving business capital to farmers
d. exchange of products
189. Chinese traders taught early Filipinos the value of honesty. They did it_________.
a. they allowed traders to issue post dated checks
b. through lending money at a high percentage
c. they left goods for barter and required to receipts
d. they demanded deposits for good purchased
190. Many observe that ___________
a. rich countries abuse their power
b. countries that are economically stable are greedy
c. countries with no economic problems become world leader
d. countries with poor economy are subservient to the rich
191. Democracy recognizes the equality of man and women. Name a country where women are not afforded higher education?
a. Argentina b. Pakistan c. United States d. Palestine
192. squatters according to law cannot be ejected for their present places of residence unless
a. there is livelihood in the relocation place
b. there are paid for their old houses
c. they are assured a place to go
d. they are give n disturbance fees
193. What has made world business fast?
a. radio network c. modern technology
b. news prints d. computers
194. What is the nearest Asian language in Filipino?
a. British, English c. Malaysia, Bahasa
b. Chinese, mandarin d. Japanese, Nipongo
195. Philippine economy is measured through_______
a. borrowing rates
b. the rise and fall of dollar exchange rates
c. inflation rates d. lending rates
196. Trade is fast when the________
a. figures explain the products
b. translation of labels are done well
c. language used is well understood
d. illustrations are used in the labels
197. Which group is identified with common aspirations. They are
a. Ethnic group c. natives
b. Alien forces d. foreign investors
198. The housing programs for all of these years did not succeed because
a. squatters are spoiled by politicians
b. squatters sell their allotted houses to merchant
c. squatters return to the squatters area
d. squatting is a form of livelihood
199. What has solved the caste and social strata system in the Philippine society?
a. schools in every barangay
b. barangay empowerment
c. Schools for the handicapped
d. Barangay high schools opened
200. Arabian dignitaries have a way of greeting friend. This is through_________
a. Hand crip c. Polar to palm
b. Embrace d. Hand shake
Download this LET Reviewer as well as the answer keys from the button above. If the download button is not working, please leave a comment below and we will fix it as soon as possible.
For the complete list of LET Reviewers, you may follow this link: Downloadable LET Reviewers
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...