- Download 5567
- File Size 87kb
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 14 2020
- Last Updated October 20 2023
LET Reviewer: Agriculture and Fishery Arts Major Part 1
Agriculture and Fishery Arts Part 1
1. A farmer wanted to increase of number of mango tree in his farm. He want to have 20 trees with the genetic qualities of parent plant and another 20 trees the parent’s genetic qualities as the root stock while using another variety as the scion. He also wanted to have 5 trees using 3 different varieties as scion.
1. Which type of plant propagation is reflected in the paragraph above?
A. Sexual Propagation
B. Asexual Propagation
C. Veneer Grafting
D. Tongue Propagation
2. Which method of propagation is referred to in the third sentence?
A. Inarching grafting
B. Bank Grafting
C. Splice Grafting
D. Saddle Grafting
3. In the second sentence, which method of propagation can be used?
A. Mound Layering
B. Tip Layering
C. Composite Layering
D. Air Layering
More from Teach Pinas:
● RPMS-PPST Downloadable Materials for SY 2022-2023 (Multi-Year)
● Senate approves bill on 2nd reading allowing PRRD to reschedule the class opening
● Adjusted Timeline for RPMS Implementation for SY 2020-2021
● Teachers Guides in Using MELCs (All Subject)
4. The following method of propagation can be used to achieve what is needed in the third sentence, EXCEPT?
A. approach grafting
B. tongue grafting
C. root grafting
D. saddle grafting
5. A butterfly sips the nectar of the flower. In so doing, the pollen grains of the flower get attached to its legs. After a while, it flies and lands on another flower. The pollen it carries falls into pistil of the second flower, thus enabling fertilization and sexual reproduction of plants.
5. Which process is describe above?
6. Which is the function of the butterfly in the process described above?
7. Can human be an agent of pollination like the butterfly described above?
A. Yes, we can.
B. No, we can’t
C. Maybe, we can
D. Of course, we can’t
8. Which type of pollination DOES NOT involve other organism to act as agent?
9. Which type of pollination involves wind as the agent?
10. What is meant by a 15-30-15 fertilizer?
A. 15 parts Nitrogen, 30 parts Potassium, 15 parts Phosphorous
B. 15 parts Nitrogen, 30 parts Phosphorous, 15 parts Potassium
C. 15 parts Nitrogen, 30 parts Magnesium Sulfate, 15 parts Potassium
D. 15 parts Nitrogen, 30 parts Manganese, 15 parts Potassium
11. What nutrients are usually lacking from the soil because plants consume them in big quantities?
12. Which is a protective covering made of either sawdust, moss, compost, gravel paper, or a combination, spread or left on the ground to enrich the soil?
D. Cover copping
13. Which terms refers to the arrangement of leaves on a stem?
14. Which plants grow on another plant are not parasitic? They usually derive physical support from the host and obtain nourishment from the air and other sources.
15. Which gas is released during photosynthesis?
A. Carbon Dioxide
16. Which are woody climbing or twining plants?
17. Which of the following has a parallel leaf venation?
18. Which organism fertilizer is made from decayed plants and animals?
A. Night Soil
B. Green Manure
19 The following are characteristic of sexual propagation, EXCEPT ____________
A. reproduction of plants with the use o seeds
B. shorter number of years to produce the desired seed
C. union of pollen and egg to produced seed
D. possible improvement of plants character
20. Which type of soil has approximately 20 – 40 % sand, 18-52 % silt, and 27-40% clay?
A. Clay loam soil
B. Silt loam soil
C. Sandy loam soil
D. Sandy soil
21. The following are the reason of plant propagation, EXCEPT __________ .
A. to prevent extinction of plant species
B. to retain the desirable characteristic of mother plant
C. t produce inferior strains and disease-susceptible plants
D. to multiply of increase the number of pants rapidly
22. All of the following crops are monoecious EXCEPT ___________ .
23. Which of the following ornaments plants is used by landscapes to cover lawns?
24. From which of the following crops is Barong tagalog made?
25. Which plants maintain their leaves throughout the year?
Download this LET Reviewer as well as the answer keys from the button above. If the download button is not working, please leave a comment below and we will fix it as soon as possible.
For the complete list of LET Reviewers, you may follow this link: Downloadable LET Reviewers
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...