The Department of Education (DepEd) released DepEd Order No. 12, S. 2020 titled “Adoption of the Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan (BE-LCP) for School Year 2020-2021 in Light of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.”
In order to provide clear guidance to all DepEd offices, schools, learners, parents, and stakeholders, the Department of Education developed a Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan (BE-LCP), a package of education interventions that will respond to basic education challenges brought about by COVID-19.
DepEd hereby adopts the BE-LCP, enclosed in DepEd Order No. 12, s. 2020, as the overall framework to govern the School Year 2020-2021.
DepEd Order No. 12, s.2020 – Adoption of the Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan (BE-LCP) for School Year 2020-2021 in Light of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- The COVID-19 pandemic poses challenges to various sectors, especially in responding to basic rights. With the physical distancing and community quarantine being among the measures to contain COVID-19, basic education is among the sectors heavily affected as schools and community learning centers are closed for physical conduct of classes.
- In order to provide clear guidance to all offices, units, schools, and community learning centers (CLCs) of the Deparment of Education (DepEd), learners and their parents, partners, and stakeholders, the Deparment developed a Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan (BE-LCP), a package of education interventions that will respond to basic education challenges brought about by COVID-19. In developing the BE-LCP, DepEd engaged internal and external stakeholders for inputs in the design of the learning delivery strategy and operational direction that ensures the health, safety, and well-being of all learners, teachers, and personnel of the Department.
- The BE-LCP stands on the following principles:
- Protect the health, safety, and well-being of learners, teachers, and personnel, and prevent the further transmission of COVID-19;
- Ensure learning continuity through K-12 curriculum adjustments, alignment of learning materials, deployment of multiple learning delivery modalities, provision of corresponding training for teachers and school leaders, and proper orientation of parents or guardians of learners;
- Facilitate the safe return of teaching and non-teaching personnel and learners to workplaces and schools/CLCs, taking into consideration the scenarios projected by the Department of Health (DOH) and the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease in the Philippines (IATF), complemented by other credible sources, and balanced with DepEd’s own risk assessments’
- Be sensitive to equity considerations and concerns, and endeavor to address them the best we can; and
- Link and bridge the BE-LCP DepEd’s pivot to quality and into the future of education, under the framework of Sulong EduKalidad and Futures Thinking in Education.
Read more about the: DepEd Order No. 12, s.2020 – Adoption of the Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan (BE-LCP) for School Year 2020-2021 in Light of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
Download: DepEd Order No. 12, s.2020
Read more: DepEd News
TEACH PINAS is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to any government organization. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We, the admins/staff, do not claim any ownership of some content posted here unless otherwise stated. If you own rights to those and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail: [email protected] and we will take necessary actions ASAP. TEACH PINAS does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.teachpinas.com), is strictly at your own risk. TEACH PINAS will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website. Read more...